Am I sedentary, lightly active, or active?

Options
I go to school everyday, and do walk a good amount in school(in between classes and stuff). I also walk around the house a lot after school, and outside in the evening. Occasional running as well. I do sit in class for 50 minutes, with 5 minutes of walking up and down stairs in between. And I do homework at home (2 hours or so). What should I be classified as? I also run around outside with my little brother from time to time.

Replies

• kristenveganvixen
    kristenveganvixen Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Lightly active. :) Sedentary would be like a desk job and active would be manual labour. Count the running as exercise when you're filling in your exercise diary. x
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Lightly active. :) Sedentary would be like a desk job and active would be manual labour. Count the running as exercise when you're filling in your exercise diary. x

Even a desk job isn't sedentary depending on what you do outside of that. If you're like me and work a desk job 5 days a week but then spend the rest of your day and your weekends doing chores around the house, running errands, tending to a busy toddler...not sedentary.

Running should be counted as separate exercise, not factored in to your daily activity level. :)
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    You sound a little young to be on this site, unless you're talking about college classes and college homework, hon. Your body is still growing so your intake needs are different. If you are indeed a teenager and not an adult, try sparkteens.com. You may find more people to connect with that have similar interests and needs.

To answer your original question, I always put sedentary, and just log all my exercise, but lightly active is probably appropriate as well.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I would say you are lightly active and then I'd eat back your running calories.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I would say you are lightly active and then I'd eat back your running calories.

+1