Are you an amazing cook?

Options
Querian
Querian Posts: 419 Member
Do you cook a lot of meals from scratch?

Do you eat lots of fruits and veggies?

Do you often prepare meatless meals?

If so I want to be your friend so I can look at your awesome diary! Please add me!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yes I cook a lot from scratch
    I eat a lot of veggies...not enough fruit...waiting on fresh summer fruits
    NO sorry all my meals have meat...I do have meatless recipes tho...

My diary is open tho feel free to take a peak...if you see an entry that you are curious about feel free to PM...

IE Greek Penne with Feta is meatless...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I love to cook, most of what I eat I make from scratch. I eat a decent amount of veggies should probably increase it, more fruit would be good.

99% of my meals include meat. Some of my recipes could be tweaked to be meatless.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Well, I haven't killed anyone yet!
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I cook almost everything from scratch, lots of vegetables and fruit, fair amount of fish and vegetarian meals, a bit of meat.

I use the book "Olives and Oranges" for inspiration (I'm addicted to recipe books), but switched to whole grain pasta, and cut the fat a lot (who needs to fry salmon in 1/4 cup of oil for heaven's sake!?).

My diary's open.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I love to cook, I'm studying nutrition, fruits & veggies are amazing in my cook book, and I eat predominately vegetarian (full spectrum, vegan to ovo-lacto). I have also started to explore more with un-cooking or preparing raw vegan meals. Tasty gastronomic adventures!

I am in finals this week so I haven't been cooking a lot. It's been smoothies and soups a lot recently. But feel free to have a look around, I hope something inspires you.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I cook, all from scratch, some meatless, but very plant strong. I try to buy a lot of local sustainable produce, and meat and dairy from local farms.

I post pics of most of my meals on instagram you can follow me thepaleo_foodie
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love cooking at home and do mostly veggies, fruits, and grains, with some meat. I really like the Smitten Kitchen for vegetarian main course ideas! I also have a couple of Indian cookbooks that have some amazing recipes for veggie- and bean-centric meals.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,711 Member
    Options
    I think I am a good cook. I do eat out two or three nights a week at independent restaurants and need to estimate the calories to the best of my ability. I eat meat regularly but occasionally do dinner parties with vegans and vegetarians.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses everyone! I've sent out friend requests.

I'm a very good cook, I enjoy it and I also enjoy eating healthy. I rarely cook meat at home but I am not a strict vegetarian and will have meat when I go out or am a guest at someone's house sometimes.

I love looking at cookbooks and menus for inspiration and I find good food diaries to be very inspirational, too!

Cheers!
  • raholden88
    raholden88 Posts: 34
    Options
    My fiance thinks so. Cook most things in the ol' trusted, tried and tested skillet.

Mostly just make roasted chicken or fish (tilapia, salmon, or haddock depending on what we bought that week) from frozen single serve 4oz pouches topped with minced garlic, onion, pepper, and paprika, with a random vegetable as our go to dinners. Usually roasted potatoes (cubed or sliced), asparagus, brussel sprouts, or sweet potatoes.

Other than that, we do turkey tacos, or fish tacos, make these pre-stuffed frozen scallops from our local supermarket that are really good and contain very nearly all natural ingredients, or on weekends we'll make homemade pizzas in the skillet.

Most dinners top out at 300-500 calories, and contain a 2:1 ratio of vegetable to protein, sometimes more.

Before dieting I could really cut loose on my meal planning, but haven't found a way to incorporate healthy alternatives to some of the old favorites. Especially since we cut out pastas.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I make all our meals from scratch, unless we go out to eat. Some meals are simple, like Lima beans and vegetable biryani last night ( fat free, leftover from. Several nights ago I made the rice and it's fabulous. Through a huge scoop of fat free mint chutney on it. Mint chutney is one of my favorite ways to eat fresh, leafy green herbs. Just mint, cilantro, ginger, lemon juice and fresh jalapeño. I can eat this stuff right out of the container! That and pesto. I'm working on making a very healthy pesto recipe!
    We eat a lot of legume meals. I'd make more but my husband gets bloated in the evening from too many beans.
    I can dry beans in the pressure cooker. Lots cheaper and I can control the salt. We even eat beans for breakfast frequently, with an egg or two!
    I'm trying to get better at measuring all the stuff I put in my recipes but I'm still pretty awful at it. How do you divide up a huge pot of something after cooking? How do you measure all the stuff you throw in when used to cooking these things by taste? It's my worst habit.
    I'm trying to start using the recipe maker but haven't gotten it to work on my IPAD for some reason.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yes to all, but I don't log anymore so my diary wouldn't be of much use.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Do you cook a lot of meals from scratch?

Do you eat lots of fruits and veggies?

Do you often prepare meatless meals?

If so I want to be your friend so I can look at your awesome diary! Please add me!

Yes I am!
    Yes I do!
    Yes! More so veggies, berries and leaves rather than fruits. Though I am eating mango right now as I type (together with chili, shrimp, onion, leek, coconut, spinach and ginger!)
    Well, I actually used to eat a lot less meat, often went many days without it... But now I'm all about the protein, so less so now, though I also get protein from meat-free sources (Made a big pot of black bean/mushroom soup last week, and some chia-seed/chick-pea snack balls for pre-workout. Also make 'youghurts' out of spices, fromage frais or skyr and berries etc. And tomorrow for brunch I'll have fritata :D )
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I do and I post a lot of recipes in my MFP blog. I've recently decided to do more meatless meals as well (at least one a week). I LOVE sharing food ideas!

I've become a bit obsessed with emilybites.com in the last few months for recipe ideas. I sort of turned my nose up at it at first because everything seemed a bit too simplistic to be that great. I've never been more wrong. I try recipes from a lot of different food bloggers and, at my table, no one has the success rate her recipes have so it just happens to be a bonus that they are usually easy too :-)
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    It's amazing that I CAN cook!

Seriously, I am able to cook but seldom do anything exotic.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add, OP - I will try to link to recipes in the notes section of my Food Diary so you can find them, if you are interested! (For the ones today, I just put the name of the recipe and book.)
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    You don't want any part of my cooking.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I cook a lot from scratch. I input recipes, but usually don't make them public. I try to add a lot of fresh veggies to my meals, and I will make the occasional meatless meal if I am dining alone. Fee free to add me! :smile:

ETA: Very cute baby by the way. :bigsmile:
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a good cook, and my hubby hasn't complained yet. I 've been wanting to establish "meatless mondays" for a while, but never stick to it! I'd be happy to share any recipes, and if anyone wants to give me vegetarian recipes, that would be great! I sent you a friend request, OP.
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Since I like almost everything I cook...and I only cook for myself, yes :)