Calorie Intake

I know this has been probably addressed before but I just want to make sure I'm looking at my calorie intake correctly. Todays exercise is 291 cal. burned - So 1200 cal. daily goal plus 29l cal. burned equals 1,49l calories for today. So if I eat between 1200 and 1491 calories today, I should lose weight? Am I looking at this the right way?

Replies

• tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    1200 calories is a pretty low calorie goal. Since you've got less than 10 lbs left til your goal, make sure you've got it set to .5 lbs/week. Other than that, yes you've got the right idea. Your calorie deficit is already calculated in your original goal, so exercise calories are meant to be eaten back (assuming the burned amount is correct, usually MFP overshoots, so most eat 50% back).
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,246 MFP Moderator
    Yes, you're looking at that right. :)
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    My 2 cents, I go based strictly on calories in vs. calories out. I'm not a huge believer of starvation mode or feeling the need to eat back exercise calories burned. I dropped my calories to at or under 2,000 no matter what I burn. If I get hungry I eat. I just eat smarter than I used to. Sometimes I think we let the numbers become too big of a focus, I was guilty of it for a long time. I have noticed substantial drops in body fat percentage once I just made sure I burn more calories than I eat. You don't have a lot to lose so just stick to that and I bet you'll be golden.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Thanks for all your advice. Just wanted to know if I was doing it right.:drinker: