I feel lack of energy all the time

I feel lack of energy all the time (from around 1/1.5 month). Although, I do have good sleep every night (around 7-9 hrs). I am on 1400 kcal diet since last 3 weeks (provided by my nutritionist) with proper nutrition values. I go for a walk thrice in a week. I have no idea why I feel so tired and sleepy all the time (especially during evenings)! I am 29, 5'-4", female.

Please suggest me... what could be reason of my 24*7 tiredness? What should I try or do to handle this?

Replies

• LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 257 Member
    Speak to a doctor and find out if you have mono.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    If you are eating enough (is it 1400 net or gross?), I would head into the Dr. to speak about possible thyroid issues, and/or sleep apnea, amongst other things.
  • Finkerbell
    Finkerbell Posts: 154 Member
    I have the same problem (and am same age and height)
    I recently had blood work done and am waiting to talk to my Dr. about the results.

Currently I drink lots of coffee. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. :drinker:
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    I can't see your diary, so I could be totally off base here, but I feel that way if I eat too much sugar. By balancing my fat, protein and carbs and limiting my sugar intake, my energy levels stay up. Also, is 1,400 enough? You are 2" taller than me and I eat roughly 2,200 calories (in maintenance). I have a desk job, but stay active in the gym.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Happens to me every year around this time. Allergies. Bleh.
  • MeganAnne89
    MeganAnne89 Posts: 271 Member
    I agree with the other posters that maybe it could be a thyroid issue. However, I posted a topic a while ago about something that I have called Haemochromatosis. 1 in every 200-300 people around the world have it but no one knows about it and doctors never test for it unless you tell them that you're tired.

What haemochromatosis is is iron overload in your body. When you have too much iron, you get the same symptoms that you would with anemia (constant fatigue, foggy/drunk headed, etc.). That's how I figured out I had it when I was 21 (although most women aren't diagnosed until they're about 50 and men are 40). Having high iron is dangerous in the long run if not treated because it deposits around your organs and slowly eats at them. But if you do get treatment (a bag of blood drawn every so often for the rest of your life) everything's golden.

Not saying you have that. But I suggest it to everyone since it's such a common disease yet a lot of the time no one believes me.

So I would definitely go to your doctor and ask her/him to test your thyroid, iron levels and even your b12 levels.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Ditto: get checked out. Also, are you losing more than you should be per week? It's starting to warm up so folks naturally go outside to do more. I had to up the hell outta my calories. Talk to your nutritionist and make sure 1400 is high enough for the summer months, too.