This is the last time....

Options
I just realized today that this is the last time I will be adding "lose weight" to the list of goals for the year. You know, those dreaded New Year's Resolutions?? I'm really excited about this and in a way strangely concerned as to how it will happen.

Did any of you think of this? This is it! This is MY YEAR! This is the LAST TIME! Next year I can focus on something so much more fun than my dress size!

I'm excited to think about this.

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    That is a great perspective! So glad you are excited and I look forward to seeing you reach your goals!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself that this is the last time too. I have no excuse now, I'm not working and have plenty of time to work on the new me!

Good luck to us all! We can do it!
  • dianemason2010
    Options
    you can do it. I completely relate to what you are saying..I've said the same thing...this is the last time I'm going to say I need to lose weight. Good with the mini goals. !
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    That is a great perspective! So glad you are excited and I look forward to seeing you reach your goals!

Thanks Karen!! I miss seeing you around! It's nice to hear from you. I love your support.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    Thanks for a fresh perspective on things! I am totally gonna lose those last 15 lbs this year! Drinking more water is currently my resolution and it's making me have to pee non-stop :-)
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    laffin at ella Same here! good post Posh! I'm with ya on this, posted today, I want this weight gone and I wan tit to stay gone! We can do this! Good luck to everyone!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    That is SO true, Posh! I realized of all my Resolutions, the only one I wasn't "focusing" on was "losing weight". Instead, and I guess it is kind of along the same lines, I want to keep up with what I've done over the last year & keep working out. I found I really enjoy working out - a lot! When it's a toss up between cleaning house & doing a hard-core workout, I go for the workout and then do some light cleaning afterwards :tongue:
    But my other resolutions were to get organized and until I saw your post, I didn't realize that this is probably the first year of my life that I haven't said "I need to lose weight", and the first time in a few years that I was confident in myself and not worried about my external appearance so much!

Thanx for the reminder - this is a Wonderful feeling :flowerforyou:
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am with you all the way! I am looking at it the same as you...this is it! I am focusing on that as of today I have 362 days left to meet my goal because next 12-31-11 there is going to be a different me both INSIDE and OUT.
    I'm done with excuses, I have gotten rid of all the chains that held me back, it is all about "ME" now...I am the only one that can change me and I am so worth it!
    We can do it!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is great motivation.
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options

Thanks Karen!! I miss seeing you around! It's nice to hear from you. I love your support.

Thanks! I gave up on the Christmas challenge. I have started fresh though! No more excuses!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    Yes! And after this year, I have a permanent New Year's Resolution - "I'm going to be just as fit a year from now as I am today."
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    Love love loving this!! Everything I'm reading is making me smile and making me believe that I can do it! We can do this together.