Water Count Question

Options
Hello :)

Can I count my tea (black and green) consumption towards my water intake?

What do you think?

Replies

• kalebsmama07
    Options
    bump*
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    I do because I was told by my doctor that liquid is liquid as long as it is not sugar loaded.:flowerforyou:
  • RDTaylor13
    Options
    I'd say you could log your green tea as water, as long as your not adding sugar, milk, cream, honey, etc..... to it.
  • floridabootcamp
    Options
    imo, the answer is yes and no....while it is true that it contains water just like fruit you body still has to filter it so that it can be used. imo, when "they" are talking about water they are talking about pure water that your body doesn't need to alter so that it can be used.......also, caffeine is a diuretic so too much will result in water loss....just my opinion

Enjoy!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I add my coffee and tea to my daily water count and I don't use sugar but I do use half an half. If I didn't drink the coffee, tea and Crystal light then heck I wouldn't have water to add.
  • Diesel66
    Diesel66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement with reply from " floridabootcamp" you should count water as actual H2O consumed.....drinking coffee and teas prompt to the body to kick water out therefore causing you to be dehydrated unless you replenish.
  • sheenabe
    sheenabe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that as long as the tea is herbal and decaffeinated then it can counted towards your water intake. Balck tea usually contains caffeine so I would say no to that.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water as water. A lot of teas have caffeine, which dehydrates the body. Also, the body has to process anything that isn't plain water, so in my opinion, herbal teas, Crystal Light and the like are not water, and shouldn't be counted as such.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me not to count my tea (herbal, caffeine free, no additives) as water intake.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me not to count my tea (herbal, caffeine free, no additives) as water intake.
    My doctor went one further, and said that for every caffeinated drink I have (coffee my vice), I need to ADD an equivalent volume of water to my daily water count to make up for the diuretic effect of the caffeine.
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will only count plain water for my water intake...I feel like I'm gonna drown, 64oz is SO much water for me. But I'm going to do whatever it takes!!

Thanks again :)