I'm a Ginger who eats too many souls. :(

Options
;) Hope it at least made you smile.

Anyway, about me - I am NOT a health nut. I eat sugar, and pizza, and all the good things in life, and I have no intention of quitting. BUT, that being said, I want to learn to eat them in moderation, and more than anything else I need help being motivated to exercise.

I'm a SAHM, so you'd assume I do plenty. And I do!... sort of. Sometimes. But that doesn't mean I'm getting a workout. You'd be amazed just how much sitting you can do in a day when it only takes 45 minutes to clean your house and your 4-year-old just wants you to watch them play with occasional "oooohs" thrown in. Turn on a dancing game together? She HATES when I play with her. And since I'm more interested in HER exercise (read, I want to release some of that pent up winter energy) I tend to sit down and read a book. So right now I work out when she goes to bed, right after dinner. Which usually works! But sometimes I need a hand feeling motivated.

So I guess what I'm looking for are friends who can give me a nudge now and then if I don't work out all day. lol.

About me: I'm a nerd. I like geeky things, like Doctor Who and video games and internet memes. And books. SO many books. Sci-Fi/Fantasy being my genre of choice.

I also suffer from Hypothyroidism and episodes of severe depression, with a basic form of depression that lingers under the surface at all times. The exercise is also to help me combat that.

Sooooo. Yeah! Let's be friends, and I'll poke you if you poke me!

Replies

• _zombiegirl_
    _zombiegirl_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You had me at geek. I'm in! Let's be friends :)

I'm 32, have a 3-year-old daughter (except she LOVES when we play together and works out with me), I refuse to cut any food out of my diet that I won't give up forever, and we all need a nudge now and then to work out. :) I do try to get it in at least 5/7 days.
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request.
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Best. Thread. Name. Ever. FR sent!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm not a health nut either... I can't live without pizza and candy. LOL. With that being said I lost weight with eating in moderation and x-box kinect dancing games. I've lost a total of 73lbs since I started and still have 7lbs to go. Add me if you would like and if it makes you feel better I'm a natural red head too :happy:

Good luck hon!!! You got this!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also a Ginger, 32 and mainly work from home so probably have a similar schedule. Also love fantasy books, though not so much into the sci fi... I have 4 children and have just started weight training. Would love to add you as a friend and help motivate each other!
  • kerrymariehamilton
    Options
    Let's all be geeky friends together! I'm a different form of geek! I like crime thriller novels and real life stories but can barely get through 2 pages at the moment with a 5 month old angel, and a tip of a house! Have little or NO motivation to exercise. All I do at the moment is a lot of walking with the pram! I have 4 st to loose. My motivation being my little girl who is a bundle of energy. I have a severe sugar addiction!!!! But want to try to curb it, not just for weight loss to to teach little one good eating habits. Also exclusively breast feeding which is an energy zapper and sends me running for the biscuit barrell!

I need a good kick up the bum basically! Oh and I'm a ginger too!! ;)
  • mzkyndly
    mzkyndly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best. Thread. Name. Ever. FR sent!
    What she said :P
  • Skylark74
    Skylark74 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Poke :drinker:

FR sent
  • melissamarah
    melissamarah Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm a ginger (well, fake ginger) too! And I loooooove DW, and I'm really looking forward to Peter Capaldi.

I'm not a mom, but I've been a nanny for 5 years, and I have a degree in early childhood education, so I've got a ton of experience with little ones.

Sending you a friend request, and I'd love to add anyone else!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a "Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism" group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/770-hypothyroidism-and-hyperthyroidism

Be forewarned that we lose weight slower than most. (I have Hashi's, and it took me a year to lose 20 lbs.) So don't compare your losses to anybody else's. Slow & steady wins the race.
  • JessiGetFit
    Options
    You had me at soul-eating ginger. And pizza. And Sci-Fi/Fantasy books. I'm looking for more friends to motivate me when I'm lazy (so, almost always), and I share your affinity for geeky things. I'm more into fantasy books (Harry Potter, LOTR, Game of Thrones), but I like Sci-Fi movies. FR sent!

I'm open to more friends, so anyone feel free to send me FR. :)
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    +1 to all
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha love the thread, and love your profile pic! Doctor Who is a fave of mine, though the states are holding the most recent episodes hostage :grumble:

I also eat all the things I like, even if it means most of my day is spent on homemade bread, or ice cream. But I'm working on it! :)
  • sjdowhower
    sjdowhower Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent. I might not be a ginger but I got 3 ginger boys that has to count for something!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Silly gingers. Human souls aren't fattening.

xgA7L1A.jpg
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    You have to start sharing the souls! Every soul we steal is another added freckle too :tongue:
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, someone dug this up. XD
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Oh dear lord, didn't even notice the resurrection oops.

Sent a FR to a few of ya on here. Any other geeks who want another geek on their friends list add me!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I love that I clicked on this thread from my "Most Recent Forum Topics" list and saw that you were the poster :)
    Anyway, about me - I am NOT a health nut. I eat sugar, and pizza, and all the good things in life, and I have no intention of quitting.

Then I laughed because I'm reading this, sitting here eating Papa John's.

Edit: Nor did I realize this was a necro thread. From January! Still great :)
  • _walllace94
    _walllace94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of geeky things and pizza, yes please!