Fitbit Flex

Options
Fitbit Flex Wristband - anyone have it?? do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one and wondering if it's worth it :)

Replies

• Lonasue32
    Lonasue32 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I really like mine. It's nice to be able to track how much I sleep and actual steps. It's nice to be able to shower in it. I will be honest I'm not always quite sure how to log the extra workouts with MFP/Fitbit and how that all works out. I have just been using what the Fitbit says for the most part. I also like that it calculates calories burned for all day not just activities I include so I get a better idea of my total daily energy expenditure.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I've had it since September 1 and I'm lost without it.
  • tinad5000
    tinad5000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    the flex is being recalled because it is causing skin issues, I have a Fit bit ultra and I love it. I don't walk for free anymore. It keeps me motivated to beat the computer and keep my goals focused. It has been a great tool. Just don't wash it in the washer... It kills it.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have the one and I love it. I'm waiting for the force replacement to come out because it will have a full screen and new features. If you get the flex make sure to order a bitbelt. The one flaw on the flex is that it can easily come off your wrist and people lose them, the bitbelt prevents this from happening.
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    the flex is being recalled because it is causing skin issues, I have a Fit bit ultra and I love it. I don't walk for free anymore. It keeps me motivated to beat the computer and keep my goals focused. It has been a great tool. Just don't wash it in the washer... It kills it.

The force was recalled, not the flex. People don't have those reactions to the flex model. My one has survived two trips through the washer dryer. I've been very impressed with the durability.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit One.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow makes a year since I got mine. I love the thing, all the features it has and the fact that it gets me moving. A year ago I was doing maybe 3 to 4 thousand steps a day. Yesterday I did over 16 thousand.
  • woolfman72
    woolfman72 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a a couple months now and i love it also. It helps me stay motivated and move more because i can see how much or how little i have walked through out my day.
  • ericdeken
    ericdeken Posts: 70 Member
    Options

Just a quick FYI. :) The force is the one that was recalled. Not the Flex.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Could not do without it now.
  • eskinac
    eskinac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love it. I have never had an issue with mine coming off either - I'm not sure what's up with that.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit Flex this past Saturday as an early birthday present from my boyfriend (because I told him I wouldn't buy it for myself). Having worn it for the last few days, I now know that I would DEFINITELY buy it for myself haha. It is awesome. Excuse the novel, but here are my thoughts about it:

Pros
    - My favorite feature is the sleep tracker - I'm a light sleeper and I always wake up at least 5x/night. I always feel tired. I don't feel so crazy now when I wake up and see that I only got 3 hours of sleep after laying down for 8-9 hours haha.
    - I like how nearly everything is adjustable - whether your goal is steps taken or calories burned, what your goal is, and silent alarms that won't wake up your bedmate.
    - I've driven with it on and, unlike many other pedometers, it doesn't seem to interpret driving as too many extra steps.
    - The display tiles on the website (I sync mine w/a computer because I have an iPhone 4) are descriptive, easy to understand, and motivating.
    - It's comfortable on my wrist. This is huge for me, as I don't wear much jewelry because I find it constrictive and annoying.
    - Logging exercise on MFP is a bit more accurate, as Fitbit will display the amount of calories burned through exercise (MFP shows it as a calorie adjustment). Even if I log activities (like power yoga or walking), the calorie values of those activities will be subtracted from Fitbit's calorie adjustment. As long as you don't log activities in Fitbit, you don't have to worry about double-posting. I played around with it last night to be sure. :wink:

Neutral
    - I haven't tried showering with it yet (I'm a little nervous about exposing my electronics to water, even though Fitbit says it can be).

Cons
    - When typing, it can get in the way. At work, I sit in front of my computer for most of the day - if I'm typing on a laptop, the band is chunky and sets my hand at a weird angle; if I'm using a regular keyboard, though, I hardly notice it.

As you can see, there are more pros than cons for me. I would definitely recommend the Fitbit. :love:
  • Chezzie84
    Options
    I just got my Fitbit Flex this past Saturday as an early birthday present from my boyfriend (because I told him I wouldn't buy it for myself). Having worn it for the last few days, I now know that I would DEFINITELY buy it for myself haha. It is awesome. Excuse the novel, but here are my thoughts about it:

Pros
    - My favorite feature is the sleep tracker - I'm a light sleeper and I always wake up at least 5x/night. I always feel tired. I don't feel so crazy now when I wake up and see that I only got 3 hours of sleep after laying down for 8-9 hours haha.
    - I like how nearly everything is adjustable - whether your goal is steps taken or calories burned, what your goal is, and silent alarms that won't wake up your bedmate.
    - I've driven with it on and, unlike many other pedometers, it doesn't seem to interpret driving as too many extra steps.
    - The display tiles on the website (I sync mine w/a computer because I have an iPhone 4) are descriptive, easy to understand, and motivating.
    - It's comfortable on my wrist. This is huge for me, as I don't wear much jewelry because I find it constrictive and annoying.
    - Logging exercise on MFP is a bit more accurate, as Fitbit will display the amount of calories burned through exercise (MFP shows it as a calorie adjustment). Even if I log activities (like power yoga or walking), the calorie values of those activities will be subtracted from Fitbit's calorie adjustment. As long as you don't log activities in Fitbit, you don't have to worry about double-posting. I played around with it last night to be sure. :wink:

Neutral
    - I haven't tried showering with it yet (I'm a little nervous about exposing my electronics to water, even though Fitbit says it can be).

Cons
    - When typing, it can get in the way. At work, I sit in front of my computer for most of the day - if I'm typing on a laptop, the band is chunky and sets my hand at a weird angle; if I'm using a regular keyboard, though, I hardly notice it.

As you can see, there are more pros than cons for me. I would definitely recommend the Fitbit. :love:

The strap is no thicker than a watch, are you wearing it the right way around because it does not get in my way.
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm wearing it correctly. It feels comfortable most of the time, just not when I'm typing on my laptop. I've never worn a watch because I don't like how it feels around my wrist (as a general rule, I don't wear jewelry because I find it annoying and constrictive). Laptops extend out further than regular PC keyboards, which is why I experience that problem. I just take it off when I'm on my laptop. :smile:
  • Chezzie84
    Options
    Yes, I'm wearing it correctly. It feels comfortable most of the time, just not when I'm typing on my laptop. I've never worn a watch because I don't like how it feels around my wrist (as a general rule, I don't wear jewelry because I find it annoying and constrictive). Laptops extend out further than regular PC keyboards, which is why I experience that problem. I just take it off when I'm on my laptop. :smile:

Fair enough x
  • xerothermic
    xerothermic Posts: 80
    Options
    I live by my Flex. I actually feel naked without it. It keeps me motivated. I work a pretty sedentary job and take mass transit to/from work so I really need that push to get my steps in.

Hilariously, I used to hate anything on my wrist. The bands are actually comfortable. I would buy extra, though. I've already broken two (I've had the fitbit about 6 months now). I wear mine at work in a very businessy govt job and no one even notices.

Also, you wouldn't think it, but the silent alarm is amazing. I set it for 10 minutes before my phone alarm and it gently wakes me up so that when the big alarm goes off I am able to just get up and go. (I used to have 3-5 alarms set to get me out of bed.)

I really enjoy the sleep tracking, but it's also a little disturbing. I didn't realize how much I tossed and turned. I actually took the results into my doctor and now we're working on my sleep.

I'm always looking for new friends on there (or here) so I'm open to anyone adding me :)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm another one who feels naked without my Flex. I love not having to thing about logging different activities. I don't worry too much about tracking my sleep, but I do love the alarm feature which wakes me up at 3:30 AM to go to the gym without disturbing my husband!
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I just got the Flex on Saturday as a birthday present from my husband and I really enjoy it. :) I'm still trying to figure out how it syncs with myfitnesspal though.
  • christi_03
    christi_03 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I got mine yesterday and so far so good!
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Go for it! It's a great gadget to have.

Unlike most, I do take mine off/on throughout the day, though. I take it off when I pet my dogs. It will give what I call "phantom steps" when I'm petting them. I also take it off when I'm folding laundry, but that's just me. I know others would count it because it's activity.

If you're riding a regular bike, they say to put it on your shoe? I use a stationary bike where the arms move. So, it counts all mine while on my wrist. If I'm on the elliptical, I just put it in my bra. I found it counts better there than on my wrist for that workout. Same thing if I'm grocery shopping...works better in the bra than wrist.

Good luck! :)