T.H.E. Team... its a NEW YEAR....Join us! :0)

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Well Team... I just wanted to up date you on my Dr. Appt... It went pretty good... I broke down and was crying to him cuz I was so frustrated !!! I changed my ticker so the 50 I lost I gained 27 back... well I have to slowly get my prescriptions back going he did tell me that since my visit last month I lost 6 pounds even with the holidays so that is a good thing I am really trying hard to stay under 300... I did tell him the other Dr.. was making me mad about my prescriptions and he said that he would do all of my prescriptions just tell him how I want to do them.. well I can't do them all at once cuz of the copay and a couple not generic so it will prob take me two months to get back on track.. but I did get some samples of My Provigil which is my wake up pill which gives me energy :drinker: so I should be able to get up in the morning and be able to get some things done so I am happy about that... I did get my injections in my elbows and back so I am gonna get some exercise done tomorrow

Anita I am always here for you :heart: we are gonna do this!!!!

Deb : You can do this.. Congrats on turning down the pizza.. Your doing Great Keep up the GREAT work...

Cyndi: I am so sorry you had to go through that at Christmas.. Yes Ex's Can be Douche Bags and maybe he put crap in their heads to make them do things they prob did not want to do.. so I know you are hurt but I would be mad at your Ex because he should have been the BIGGER person and brought them home and shared time with you... so Next big holiday Don't let them go!!!! let him see how it feels.. How about Fathers Day LOL!!!! Hugs Chica

anyway I was under my Calorie Count for today but No exercise for today since I just got my injections
  • swignal
    here is my log in

SW 329/ CW 306/ GW 150 = starting out fresh from this Point!!! so no loss just maintaining my 23 pounds lost from last year.... I know I have a really Long way to go but I am gonna Succeed cuz I have my TEAM behind me Thanks Guys... Love ya all
  • brandygburke
    brandygburke Posts: 48 Member
    Count me in! Looking forward to the accountability!

Brandy
  • vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Howdy Gals,

Yes, Deb, I live in Washington (the REAL Washington). I grew up (or should say got tall) in the Seattle area, but always loved Eastern Washington. As soon as I was outta college (WSU of course) I landed myself in this small town (much to my Mother's dismay) and have never been sorry. The Seahawks won last night...I stayed busy on the 'puter so as to not nibble through the game. I am soooo looking forward to taking it one day at a time with you. Can't WAIT until Friday!!!!!

Glad you got a Dr. who will listen, Chica or is it Shela...I'm confused. I don't understand why some don't believe their patients. Those 23 pound will melt away in no time!

I couldn't help but laugh at your "Man Drama", Anita. I never thought of it that way, but yes...Man Drama causes me to eat too. I used to take out that energy and clean the house...but he found THAT reaction rather satisfying, I think. Hmmmm........:huh:

Good job on the Dreadmill, Cindi...maybe we should make that our Action Event when we have Man Drama!

Today was my last day of vacation...back to work tomorrow. I feel so relaxed, I think I really needed the time off. I took a peek at my desk this morning when I went to pick up my pay check...but |: I won't think about it until I get there...repeat...I won't think about it until I get there :|

Spent all day yesterday adding my favorite menus, recipes and foods, so posting my meals should go rather smoothly. I have MFP on my smart phone, so I can log anytime through the day. That's why I picked this site!!!!! The ACTUAL site on the computer was a VERY pleasant surprise, as was finding this challenge.

Well, my clothes are ready for tomorrow and lunch is packed...it's weigh in day at the office. Four of us have put in a dollar since the first of September and weigh in each Tuesday we're all in, and we were going to quit at Thanksgiving. But we all did so crappy we extended it to Christmas. Nothing changed, so I think we're going to carry it on to the first of March! The biggest loser will get the pot of dough...it's quite the wad!

Night night...Vicki....Ü
  • swignal

Glad you got a Dr. who will listen, Chica or is it Shela...I'm confused. I don't understand why some don't believe their patients. Those 23 pound will melt away in no time!

it is Sheila :laugh: The Dr. that made me mad last month drew the line!!! because he as I am sitting in the office waiting on him to come in he decides he is going to take a Lunch and go across the street and get Lunch while I am waiting!!! then an hour later he comes back with his cup in his hand and then has the nerve to tell me I need to loose weight !!! Really !!! I never could have figured that out... then he was like you need to eat healthier!! I just about lost it I got pissed and walked out then My medication he is suppose to give me he wanted me to wait until the end of January!!! is he crazy! So today When i was at my Rheumatologist which is the Sleep Dr. Boss... !!!! I let him have it!!! and told him how I felt and How upset I was... He said he would be in charge of my medication so I don't have to worry anymore!!!! so that was a big load off my mind but now getting all of them back started might take a few cuz of money I sure can not get them all at one time!!!!

Sheila
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Ok the post before was to see if I could get my ticker added correctly. Surprisingly I did. Now to greet a few people

dleanne - It is not strange. I am more comfortable talking about my weight on here than with local people cause these friends have encourage me every step of the way while the people around me - well they get like jealous or something. Talk away about anything. Keep working through your injuries with your exercises. I have worked through a lot of arthitis problems and feel so much better. You can do this - do what you can each day and each day strive to go just one more step. You will get there. Welcome to T.H.E. Team

just wanted to say hi and wish everyone a Happy Monday (or Tuesday...depending on where you are)! thanks for the welcome. i was about to slip up tonight, but i decided to visit my friends on MFP and that has averted the current crisis. i felt a bit guilty for not working out today, but i was only a few cal over my daily limit, so that's ok. like i said...i almost slipped up, but i didn't.
    baby steps.

in any case, just wanted to say you all seem like an amazing group and i'm proud to be a part of it. i have to admit that i'm a little lost on everyone's stories, but i'll get caught up in time:happy: take care and lots of love to you all- dl
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Sorry to be checking in so late, but its been a crazy busy day....

Up this morning, out the door for a long brisk 75 minute walk. Those that live here in Washington can appreciate my efforts on this one as the weather is FROZEN and Brrrrrrr!!! There is no snow where I am but I still had to do 4 layers on top, gloves, scarf, hat.. LOL... yeah.. I was nice and warm! All I can say is, when your car normally heats up in about 5 minutes of taking off from the house and you drive across town 20 minutes with it on full blast and you are still cold... yeah.. its cold!! I HATE the cold! Id rather have hot weather any day over frozen!!

After the walk, I came home, did some coupon organizing, then had to take hubby to the airport. He's off to Salt Lake until Friday, so its not a long trip. Hit Target afterwards to do some retail therapy, came home got everything uploaded, make dinner for me and the kids (yes they got back this morning and altho I havent said anything to them, they are walking on eggshells because they know whats coming so they are on their best behavior.. LOL muahahahaha)... updated my blog and realized I hadnt finished my food log for the day so I rushed right over to get that done.

87 calories under goal today... a little over on sodium but otherwise I got all my water in.
    So a good day, all in all....

Tomorrow the exercise plan is to vaccum the entire house including the stairs. I got a new vaccume at target today and really wanted to do more than just the family room, but I was just too sore. The butt just wanted to give up and sit down.. LOL Not walking tomorrow, but I do have a lot of other stuff going on.... trip to the courthouse and cleaning house, so tomorrow Im considering a rest day from what I consider "real" exercise. :0)
  • I'd love to be part of the group!!! Looking through the thread, you all seem to be a great source of support and motivation to each other. I really need that accountability and probably that slipper too lol. Starting weight = 222, Current weight = 203, thats up a few pounds from before Christmas, but I will get it back down again!! Is there a certain weigh in day? Or anything else I need to do for this group on a weekly/daily basis?
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Good morning all!!,

I was so proud of myself yesterday... I have a break at work at 3:30 and I was hungry...I have a drawer full of chocolate and I didn't touch it!!!!! I have some dried mango in my drawer too so I had 2 pieces for 65 calories and a cup of tea.

Sheila I am glad you got your meds straight. Hopefully you will get them all on track soon and feel better.

I am liking my new med. I still have a little pain but not like I was having before and I have been off the vicodin since Thanksgiving after being on it for 23 yrs.

This trying to lose weight is helping me to keep busy and not think so much about Mike. Wish I could type while trying to fall asleep cause my mind thinks about him then and makes it hard to fall asleep.

Jessifer: Welcome!! We weigh in on Fridays. If others have weighed in before you...you go to their post and cut and paste everyones weight so that by the last person weighing in everyones weight is on their post so it will look something like this...

crazybee: sw___gw___current_____ total loss/gain
    swignal: sw___gw___current_____total loss/gain
    Jessifer sw____gw___current____total loss/gain

If you are the first to weigh in then we will copy yours and add ours. Does that make sense?

Cyndi: when are you going to drop the bomb on the kids??? Did they give you ANY explanation about their behavior?

Dleanne: Good job on not slipping. It feels good doesn't it!! I was so proud of myself yesterday. I know that coming here and typing helps. It really helps when others have posted that day and you have things to read and respond to.

Vikalyn: I live in Des Moines WA. I love living here. What town are you in? If close maybe one day we can meet for a diet lunch LOL. Losingit4good (Cyndi) lives in WA too and we have met. Sometime maybe we can all get together and have lunch or shop and just have a grand ole time.

Well I should go and get in my facebook time before work. Drinking my coffee and eating my yogurt. Hope everyone has a great and successful day!! I'm proud of you all!

Deb
  • swignal
    Good Morning TEAM I just wanted to do a quick check in... I am having a pretty good day so far ... Yesterday while I was at the Dr. Hubby cleaned the whole house and took all the Christmas decorations down my house is back to Normal LOL ... This morning I woke up to him Cooking an awesome 2 egg / cheese smoked turkey omelet mmmm so delicious man i am gonna hate when he goes back to work on the 10th... I love him being on Vacation!!!!... Tomorrow we have to take my oldest daughter to get her wisdom teeth pulled she is getting all four pulled!!!! oh boy.... Today I am going to get my NEW I Phone :-) i so can't wait!!!! new toy :-)

Dleanne: Great job on not slipping...I am sure if feels good knowing you held back from slipping!!! Its nice having a place to come to for encouragement, motivation, ect. ect. ect... so when ever you need anything just give us a shout out....

Deb : Great job on holding back and not dipping into that chocolate draw... You should be very proud of yourself

Cyndi: I feel sorry for those kids when you let go LMAO!!!! I would be hiding under the bed LMAO....I really need you to come here sometime and help me with coupon's and stuff you are just so good at it ....

well i am off to walmart to do some shopping for Cassie Lunch stuff... and go get my new PHONE wooo hooo I so can't wait

Sheila
  • My name is Julia I am Sheila's daughter and I would like to be on the team as well I will post more about myself later
  • Momma5366
    Momma5366 Posts: 8 Member
    I would also like to join the group please. My name is Jennifer and I'm 31. My main motivation right now for weight loss is a trip to Cancun in May. My partner and I had a rough year last year and for my birthday we are escaping!! Two years ago I delivered a surrogate baby and was so ill with her during the pregnancy that weight literally fell off after her. I was at my ideal weight for quite awhile. Last March I became pregnant with a suprise of our own, though sadly we lost our son in November, six weeks shy of term, stillborn. So now I have the baby weight to lose and the struggle of not eating through the grief. I am determined to turn my focus into exercise and not food!!

If anyone would like to add me as a friend and hold me accountable I'd be happy to have the encouragement and kick in the butt! =)

sw: 165/gw: 145
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Just doing a quick check in... I'm here.. Just crazy busy and not much time to chat....

Anita
  • Okay everyone.... took me longer to get back here than I thought. Here's my intro -

I'm Kelly. I'm 25. I have a soon to be three year old daughter. My highest weight was many years ago which was about 200. After battling some eating problems I maintained a good weight until a few years ago. I then became pregnant and pretty much never tried after that to loose weight. I looked at a picture one day and it brought tears to my eyes. I was extremely disgusted with myself and with what I had become. I made the life changing decision then to change. I've always tried the diets. I never could understand why the diets didn't work. It only occurred to me that it's not a diet when I stumbled across this page.

I started losing weight the simple way. I started walking. In a way I had an advantage because I was jobless and had no money for fast food, and junk. I ate what was provided for me. Walking for me was a stress relief. It also knocked off about 5 pounds the first month I started.

I started changing the food a ate a few months later. Going from regular food to low calorie, wheat, and lights. I started doing simple things. I've lost over 40 pounds and have kept it off. I still have more to lose. I've been through a lot the past few months and weight loss hasn't been on my mind. I'm going to hopefully get back in the swing and lose some more...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    SO SUPER EXCITED.... Biggest loser season 11 starts tonight!! Anyone addicted to this show like me?? I :heart: Jillian...man I wish i had arms like that.

I was in such a hurry to get out of here this morning that I had talked myself into grabbing breakfast on the go, then talked myself out of it just as fast and made me a quick breakfast sandwich to eat in the car. I even snapped a picture of it so I could post the how to on my blog (http://couponfriend.blogspot.com/2011/01/breakfast-sandwichs-made-easy.html). That probably saved my butt, because the only time I had to eat later was after 2pm and I would have been starving by then! My morning appetite is back, so that is a big plus. As long as I eat something BEFORE my coffee... Im fine.

As for the kids.... I didnt even ask. Ive pretty much said nothing to either of them about anything regarding the situation and am just waiting until they start *****ing about something or another or fighting over something stupid, which Im sure will happen tomorrow once they get their new chore list. They know that Im upset with them and have been really QUIET as to not piss me off more. Very smart indeed. Yes, My feelings were hurt and I was mad, but its not something I am going to do any *kitten* chewing over. There comes a time when they have to learn to accept responsibility for how they treat other people and I just want to give them some time to really THINK about it. If there is one thing I know about my kids it is that by me saying nothing right now.. it is making them think harder than if I had actually just went off the handle and had a mental breakdown over it. I did enough crying on Christmas day and over the next several days, got pissed off, returned the presents I got them and a couple days later calmed down enough to say "Oh well..." They just dont know what to do with the fact that Im not going off and they havent gotten to the point where they want to ask me yet.

Anyway....enough of the kids drama.. LOL...

Jessifer, Welcome! We weigh in each Friday. Feel free to friend request everyone in the group so you don't miss reminders, ect if you want them. I wont be sending out private group messages.

Bee- AWESOME job on the avoiding the chocolate drawer!! SOOO proud of you!!!

Sheila- Shelby just had hers pulled in November. Not fun. The first couple days she will be pretty sore, so make her some jello or mashed potatoes. I hit Jamba Juice for Shelby a couple times to get her smoothies to eat with a spoon. She loved that!!
    Lots of ice packs and motrin and in about a week she'll feel like her old self. I hope she heals up quick!

Momma- Welcome to you as well!! So sorry to hear about the loss of your baby and the struggles. I wish you the best in your endeavor to reach your goals here! Feel free to join in the discussion here on the thread. We not only support eachother with out weight loss but as you can see, our group is pretty bonded and we share just about anything that we are struggling with and need to vent about. ;0) and of course feel free to send out those friend requests to everyone in the group so you can be reminded of our Friday weigh ins and have that extra support that way as well.

Tata for now ladies... Im off to make some popcorn and a tall glass of ice water so I can snuggle into my recliner and watch biggest loser :drinker: See ya tomorrow!!
  • Hey I'd like to join. My goal is to be more healthy as a good role model for my three young girls.

I also want to lose 40 pounds to get back to a point where I have more energy.

My husband and I haveatrip planned to Malaga in may.

Happy to have others that can help hold me accountable.
  • vikalyn
    Howdy Gals,

This is my story and I'm sticking to it! As my Compulsive Character predicts...after much avoidance and circling around...I succumbed to the Christmas Cookies one of our engineers sent Town Hall. And no not just one, but three!!!! All different kinds! I guessed the calories when posting. But, unlike my Compulsive Character, I didn't give up. I got through the rest of my day without beating myself up, got home and fixed a healthy spaghetti dinner with salad, and NO gin and tonic! If I hadn't had those cookies, I could have had my "Happy Hour"...OR I could have some of that raspberry sorbet I made last week. As it is, I'm a "tad" over my calorie allowance. I'm glad, at least, I was totally honest. I hope my Cops finish off those cookies tonight!

A Mom and Daughter team...now this'll be fun. Welcome Julia. I'm new here too.

Deb, I live in Twisp...you may have heard of the Western town of Winthrop just over the North Cascades Highway...Twisp is the next town down river. I think you and Cindi are going to have to do a ROAD TRIP
  • vikalyn
    ha...I hit something I didn't mean to and posted my post too early.

...to Twisp and I'll fix one of my famous lunch salads...Lord knows there are FEW places here to eat a healthy meal!

I'd chat more, but I didn't get much sleep last night. My desk was LOADED after my week off and I had a really rough time getting through it.

See ya tomorrow.

Vicki...Ü
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Well Vicki, Cyndi and I have been known to travel LOL
  • Bluedimplett
    Bluedimplett Posts: 52 Member
    Hello Everybody,

I would like to join this group :)

My name is Marcy and i'm 27 years old. I originally came across this website via my android app. I wish i would of found this way sooner! I was stoked about the community feature.

I have lost weight once with WW, from August 2008 - August 2009. I lost 55lbs. I got married in 2009 (Fit into a size wedding dress size 16, versus the size 26 i had tried on in 2008). Then, after the honeymoon it all went down hill. I quit WW for financial reasons. I thought i could maintain i was SOOOOO wrong. I gained back every pound/oz to the tea. I woke up on October 2, 2010 to see me right back where i was two years prior. It was quite depressing. I said to myself that i was going to lose the weight and this time keep it off no matter what.

I decided to name my new journey "Project Skinny" hehe. I started out by doing a high protein/low cal diet. I detoxed for three days. So, far minus 20lbs. Now, i need to get serious and find myself a lifestyle change that will stick with me forever.

My company offers a health coach that calls me once a week to help with weight loss goals. Its a nice benefit, but i just dont feel a connection. Reminds me of having a teacher and you have to turn in HW once a week. Its kinda blah for me. What i need is to be around people who get it. Who are real and truely understand the daily struggles losing weight/maintaining weight. Who say what i'm thinking and have the same questions that i think about.

The one thing i miss about WW was the group of people. I've never done this type of community group online before and i'm ready to dive in head first in hopes to find the connection that i so desperately need to succeed.

BTW, the last two weeks have been rough. i actually weigh the same as i did on 12/2/10. I pigged out for christmas day on the condition i would be a good girl the rest of the year. Little did i know that i was going to wake up with a swollen eyelid (allergic reaction to my own stye). The meds i was put on increased my hunger dramatically and i ate and ate and ate. I exercised a little bit since i was always drowsy too.. i suppose a 2lbs gain isn't so bad.

With that said here is my info:

SW: 224lbs
    CW: 204lbs
    GL: 145lbs
    Year long goal: Hiking once a week and increase the mileage. Complete a 10 mile hike by summer. :)

Thanks for listening!