New to the site, not to weight loss

Options
Hi all. I'm Kelly. I am a 31 yo single parent, nursing student, and retail worker. I signed up at this site weighing 265 lbs at 5'8". Working in retail, I am very self-concious about how I look because we are supposed to promote the clothing by wearing it. I'm on the verge of being too big to wear the clothing, plus I like to wear dresses on occasion and we don't carry dresses over a size 16 (I'm a 2X not a L).

As a nursing student, and future nurse, I need to be in better health. I also need and want to be in better health for my daughter. I have a family history of Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Cervical Cancer, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, and Heart Disease. Because of my family history I need to be more vigilant with my weight because several things can be reduced by being in better health.

I have attempted weight loss many times and always get very ill once I hit 220 lbs. And I stay sick until I lose another 20 lbs or gain 10....I've lost 20 lbs once but got pregnant and gained it all back, plus some.

I signed up Jan 1, 2011. In 2 days, I have dropped 4 lbs by cutting out sodas (but I have one on hand in case of a migraine). :smile:

Good Luck to everyone in the quest to lose weight and become healthier!

Kelly

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!! Congrats on the 4 lbs lost!!! There is lots of great and supportive people here and the challenges really help keep you motivated.
  • vacationnut
    vacationnut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with the weight loss. Have you ever looked into a tea called fever few? They have done many studies and you won't need that soda for your migraine anymore.
  • buibear88
    buibear88 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and congrats on the 4 pounds lost!
  • ButterflyOnFire
    Options
    I feel exactly like you do! Congratulations on that 1st 4lbs, and keep pushing forward! You've got this, girl!

As for getting sick around the 220 mark, maybe it's a metabolism/hormonal change? That might be a good thing to talk with your doc about. Whatever the case, you can do this! Once you crack that 220 "wall" I bet you'll be unstoppable! :wink:
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Kelly, I can't believe we've known each other since middle school! I'll be here for you in any way I can. Just remember, you can do it, and keep your eye on the prize! :-)
  • Amesontrack
    Options
    Welcome! And congrats on a great start!