How to lose fat on my stomach immediately

Hi everyone. I just joined.
I am currently 5'2 and 111 pounds. It may sound normal but I was 100 pounds a year ago and looked healthy.
I gained weight on my abdomen area so I don't look good.
I started official diet a month ago. I cut back on wine and sweets and take cardio exercise class 5 times a week.
( I used to only work out 3 times a week before diet began)

It's so hard to lose weight. I weighed myself today and I haven't lost a pound since I started my diet.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    You can't target where you lose and the stomach is the last to go (usually). Just eat less and workout and eventually you will be where you once were. However, don't go by the scale. I've lost 5 sizes and stayed at the same weight on the scale as I lifted weights. Go by how your clothes fits/measurements,etc...
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    When you're that light, it's hard to burn a lot of calories. What kind of cardio are you doing? If it's easy for you, could you try something harder to burn more calories? A circuit training video would be good. I use Jillian Michaels, but fitnessblender.com or Beachbody videos are recommended a lot here too. Ab exercises and strength training won't take the weight off your belly only, as we all wish they would, but improving your abs and posture will likely make your belly look better.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Welcome to fitness pal. It is impossible to spot reduce so you need to re-evaluate your goal. After checking out your height/weight online you look to be in the ideal healthy range for weight.

What I would do is check your BMR and focus more on improving that vs the scale alone. A good point to make by the way is that muscle mass (you want more of) weighs more than fat mass (you want less of). The better your BMR gets the better your tummy is going to look.

Check your BMR and focus less on the weight scale. I think that's going to be the right path for you.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    You might also be retaining water more, consider your sodium intake. Could make your tummy look bigger
  • I appreciate your advise. I didn't know it was hard to burn a lot of calories when you are light. I will get that video as well
  • piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    I'd also recommend some ab exercises like crunches and proper sit-ups!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    anything that strengthens your "core" but results are never immediate (surgery even requires recovery)

you can't spot reduce - do some strength training, body weight exercises and yoga
  • Hahahahahha
    I am afraid that might be the case
  • Thanks. I am doing all of the above...Maybe it's time to really eat less than 2000 calories a day..
  • That's good to know. You are down to 5 sizes less and still weighed the same.
    I don't want to spend $$$ to buy bigger size so an economic way seems to lose inches on my jiggling belly
  • caliv0608
    caliv0608 Posts: 18 Member
    I agree with the above post that you might need to watch your sodium. A lot of "health" foods will contain lots of sodium and sugar to add flavor in place of fat. Don't eliminate it, of course, just make sure you aren't eating more than about 2300 mgs a day (maybe a bit less for you since you're so small). You can't pick where you lose weight from, but lowering sodium and making sure to drink lots of water can help bloat, at least for me.
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    I know you can't spot reduce but every trainer I've ever known says abs are made in the kitchen and to cut carbs to lean out your stomach. I am on a keto (very low carb) diet and although I'm pretty much losing weight everywhere evenly it's pretty drastic in my stomach. I'm seriously blown away by how fast it's shrinking. I also have my calories pretty low too. I dont exercise a lot but do lift weights 2-3 times a week and no cardio.
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Esp in the beginning I would celebrate NSV's, rather than focus on the number on the scale or where you are or aren't loosing weight.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Time machine.

Heavy lifting, patience, good amount of protein. Losing weight at a slow pace to increase odds of fat loss. I don't think it's necessary to cut things out of your diet. I could and never would.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member

I second this. To get the look you want, you probably want to get HEAVIER by eating at a surplus and doing resistance training. This will give you some good muscle, so when you diet again (you can never add muscle without adding fat) you'll have a trim waistline instead of that gooshyness.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    Fat loss is about intake/output. Exercise doesn't reduce it directly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Thanks. I am doing all of the above...Maybe it's time to really eat less than 2000 calories a day..

Probably
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    I first would like to say, great job on reaching your goal. I am still in the progress of reaching my goals. I am so glad I found this site because I can make friends that are going through the same things i'm going through. Well, I am half way to my goal after my son was born and I came across a wonderful all natural, organic product that will tighten and tone the stomach area. email me to find out more.

XXXXX@gmail.com

I would love to help you out. It's done wonders for me and it has also got rid of all my stretch marks after I lost all the weight. email me and I could give you the details on where to get it and how to do it.

No. Just no.

It is against the TOS to try to sell your products on the forums. It's also against their TOS to put your email in a thread.

OP - do not fall for false promises on products such as this user is trying to sell you.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    I first would like to say, great job on reaching your goal. I am still in the progress of reaching my goals. I am so glad I found this site because I can make friends that are going through the same things i'm going through. Well, I am half way to my goal after my son was born and I came across a wonderful all natural, organic product that will tighten and tone the stomach area. email me to find out more.

xxxxxxxx@gmail.com

I would love to help you out. It's done wonders for me and it has also got rid of all my stretch marks after I lost all the weight. email me and I could give you the details on where to get it and how to do it.

No. Just no.

It is against the TOS to try to sell your products on the forums. It's also against their TOS to put your email in a thread.

Urg. OP, don't listen to this ("this" meaning the top quote that's trying to sell you garbage). And if anyone else is gonna quote it, block out the email address please!

Edited to specify what OP should ignore!