I NEED ENERGY!!!!

Options
What would help increase my energy levels?????

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Healthy food and exercise. Or caffeine.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Almonds are an awesome source of energy. They are fatty so I try not to eat more than 20 a day! I don't drink caffeine or anything like that I just find once I start exercising I get so motivated!
    Peanut butter is also good. Try the natural peanut butter though. It is not loaded with extra oil or sugar:)
  • leakae_11
    leakae_11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find that exercise always increases my energy level for the rest of the day. It also helps me sleep better which gives me more energy!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    are you eating and sleeping enough & consistently?
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I concur! Taking a multivitamin couldn't hurt either. :)
  • biodeb
    biodeb Posts: 19
    Options
    Love the "Buddhist Wisdom" quote above!! :smile:
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I take a pre trainer drink such as NO Xplode or Xpand (with that I usually take half a scoop)

Gets me through my workouts and I don't feel tired afterwards which is good cause after I workout I still need to cook dinner, clean the kitchen, and put the kids to bed! =)
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    protein
  • reese1206
    reese1206 Posts: 229
    Options
    I do take a multi Vitamin.
    I exercise daily and Eat healthy
    I seem to STILL be lacking serious energy. It's horrible. I try to get good sleep but it's hard with my kids.
  • colestephens
    colestephens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's possible you could actually require some additional carbs. The most common advice I give to new P90X folks is to "eat more". They'll change their diet and cut out too many carbs while increasing their protein intake...and protein takes a lot of calories to break down. Perhaps a healthy source of energy. My favorite pick-me-up is some peanut-butter and honey on a slice of whole wheat bread.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later :smile: