Belly weight loss

Options
Most of my fat is on my belly. Does anybody know the best way to lose belly fat?

Replies

• Nikz99
    Nikz99 Posts: 8
    Options
    P90X!! It is the best thing to lose weight where ever it is.
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    From what I know, the belly fat is one of the last things to go. I'd concentrate on total body and just overall cardio to burn calories, and the belly fat will come off as it does. Then again, I may be wrong, but that's how I understand it.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There is no way to spot reduce fat. Overall weight loss will decrease belly fat over time. Also, you'll want to do ab exercises to strengthen your abs for when the belly fat does disappear.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, you can't choose where the fat comes off. Fat gets metabolized closest to where the body needs the energy, because that's what's easiest.

I've found that my fat seems to be working its way off from the outside in. My forearms are almost as thin as they've ever been, while my upper arms still have plenty of fat. My feet and calves are thinner, and my thighs are getting there, but the fat is coming off little by little from the knee up. It seems pretty obvious to me that my belly will be that last to see a significant change, although, I am losing inches!

The best thing to do is plenty of cardio and some weight training to burn fat and keep your metabolism up.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You can't spot lose fat. Just focus on getting in regular, balanced workouts- start small and work up- and stay with in your cals. My bulge is all in my belly/hips and in the last 4 mo I've lost almost 8 in off each. Just take it slow and steady- set goals both on and off the scale and you'll get there.
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Thanks guys. Your advice really helped.