milkshakes for breakfast

Options
Need some quick and easy breakfast ideas so any ideas would be great :-) but my main question is cos i was thinking to start having a banana or strawberry milkshake (homemade with just low fat milk and a banana or some atrawberries) for breakfast but is this a good idea??

Replies

• inky409
    inky409 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i would put some protein powder in it but why not? if that's what you want, and it fits in your daily calorie intake, then go for it. :-)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv5WlwqjPc9Bd9RHhHFp5b8aCgKAoOrPuvVIgXFIxbsS9uBfmH

Yup, just noticed the spelling error....
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Do it and see how you feel. Personally I can't start my day with sugar, even fruit sugar, or I risk being famished the rest of the day and eating everything in sight, especially sweets and bread. But lots of people don't seem to have that problem, so you might be just fine.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Definitely add some protein powder. And bananas freeze really well and blend fabulously with milk. You probably wouldn't even need to add ice cream or ice at all.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I have a milkshake every day for breakfast.

2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1/4 C liquid egg whites
    a little water
    1-2 C frozen strawberries.

It tastes JUST as good as any diner strawberry milkshake, I tell you. And on days I feel fancy I add a banana, or some cooked oatmeal and half an avocado for a bomb-*kitten* smoothie that keeps me full for hours and hours.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Go for it!

I have a friend who won't use protein powder, but she adds almonds and old fashioned oats to her smoothies.

You'll want to add some protein/extra fiber to keep you full.

Sounds like a great breakfast idea!!! :)

I use "Designer Whey" protein with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, ice, 1/2 a banana, 1 T peanut butter or PB2 and some berries. It's so filling and satisfying after a hard workout.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My-Milkshake-Brings-All-The-Boys-To-The-Yard.gif

Seriously, my regular breakfast is a peanut butter sandwich. Sometimes, I put instant coffee crystals into my vanilla protein powder and have this on the way to work. It's actually really good.
  • JJeMitchell
    JJeMitchell Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEA!!! What kind of coffee do you use??
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have shakes ever day mainly am I do use protein and fruit and yogurt is good n them I have also added things like peanut butter nuts cereal coconut and actually ice cream to up calories as needed I use almond milk instead of regular milk but that too is a personal choice. They are easy and fast and not messy in car Use frozen fruit and it is a thicker consistancy
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    GREAT IDEA!!! What kind of coffee do you use??

Cytosports Vanilla Protein Powder - One scoop
    Nescafe instant coffee - about half a teaspoon.

I keep this in a blender bottle at work and it's always ready to go.
    Both ingredients available at Costco in economy sizes. Enjoy!
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone might try it tomorrow with the old fasioned porridge oats as dont have protien powder :-) was just worried it wasnt a good choice cos the whole meal replacement shake thing but you guys have convinced me its fine :-D normally i dont drink a lot of milk so it will help with the calcuim too