New to My Fitness Pal

Options
Hi,
This is the first time that I'm using a site like this, so I hope it works for me. I've been trying to lose weight for years but have trouble keeping with the program. I do well for a bit but then get busy at work or get stressed and I'm back at square one again. I want to be healthy and not always tired and sore, and embarrassed to be seen. I'm determined to make it this time around but I can really use some support. :smile:

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! Support is vital, so take advantage of the great people around here. Stay strong, try not to make excuses and when you fall down, get back up! Good luck!
  • martinez7445
    martinez7445 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm new here i have many doubts like cardio thats walking right :blushing: sorry for my ignorance :blushing: but im obese :explode:
    and i'm changing this by asking and working my but out. :tongue: thanks
    i need energy too to many years of cedentary life this is my year to change and i will:wink:
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :smile:

You picked the right site - the support you'll receive and the friends you'll make are great. Just try your best and if you fall, just get back up and keep going and we'll always be here for you.
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm new here i have many doubts like cardio thats walking right :blushing: sorry for my ignorance :blushing: but im obese :explode:
    and i'm changing this by asking and working my but out. :tongue: thanks
    i need energy too to many years of cedentary life this is my year to change and i will:wink:

Welcome to MFP!!! You've made the right first step!! Ask lots of questions and take it slow - it'll all work itself out. You'll reach your goal!! :smile:
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You have made the first step to freedom! You may not know it yet but with determination and the right mind set, you can achieve your goals. I takes time and patience. Believe me! You'll have days where you want to throw in the towel but you can pick yourself up again and say your worth it! I have been at this for 2 years with over 100lb loss. 43 with MFP. The key is to never give up. Good luck!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hi,
    This is the first time that I'm using a site like this, so I hope it works for me. I've been trying to lose weight for years but have trouble keeping with the program. I do well for a bit but then get busy at work or get stressed and I'm back at square one again. I want to be healthy and not always tired and sore, and embarrassed to be seen. I'm determined to make it this time around but I can really use some support. :smile:

welcome to MFP... its a great Place to get inspiration, motivation, encouragement, Friendship... and many more!!!!! we are all here for the same reasons to help each other out.... Good Luck

Sheila