How to stay motivated? Out of ideas!

Options
I know i shouldn't be focused on a number...BUT... after losing 25 pounds over 2 years, I have 5 pounds left to get to my goal weight. And those 5 pounds have stuck with me for SIX MONTHS :(

I workout 6 days a week [spin + weights, HIIT + yoga, spin + HIIT, weights, spin, hike, rest... repeat!]
I don't even have regular clothes any more, because I am always going to or from a workout!
I work really hard at planning and eating right [1300 calories a day of veggies and protein, hardly any refined sugar, no more soda]

IT IS EXHAUSTING. I love having a life style change and being able to inspire my friends, but I am getting really frustrated after months upon months of living this way with no change on the scale. I have officially plateaued and I am getting fed up.

How do you stay motivated for that last 5 pounds?
How on earth do you LOSE those last 5 pounds?!

Thanks in advance for the support and suggestions; I know I am ranting a bit, but this has been an uphill battle and I am just terrified of falling back down.

Replies

• kernjamie
    kernjamie Posts: 37
    Options
    When I was stuck in a plateau (was eating about the same amount of calories, btw,) I actually added more calories and started to lose weight again. You seem to be very active and you are probably not eating enough calories for all the exercise you are doing, thus your body is holding onto those 5 pound. I didn't think it would work when this was suggested to me, but it did. Doesn't have to be a lot....try 200 more a day...putting you at 1500.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Those last few lbs are tough to get rid of. If you've hit a plateau and are having trouble getting out of it, check out this blog a buddy of mine wrote.

http://tdnation.com/why-cant-i-lose-weight/

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'm always happy to help.

Allan