COmplety lost

dani723
dani723 Posts: 6
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
so im new to this how thing n still try to figure every thing out can some one help me

today my summary
Daily Summary

667Calories Remaining
Goal Food Exercise = Net
1700 1976 - 943 1033

is this good or bad?

Replies

• rock810
    rock810 Posts: 17
    I would try to eat a little more, an apple, a protien shake anything that could add some more calories. If you don't you will be starving and you are more likely to be tempted.
  • What it is saying is this: You are alloted a certain amount of calories per day. You eat some, you exercise and they give you back what you've burned and that equals your net calories. There are differing opinions on this, but most (including me) believe you need to eat at least half (if not all) of your exercise calories. If you have 667 calories remaining - go get a snack. Or a meal. I almost always eat all of mine. It's okay to not do it every once in a great while, but you don't need to make a habit out of it. Your body needs food to burn fat.
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    You'll get different points of view on eat or don't eat your exercise calories. Just keep this in mind...MFP builds in a deficit for your calories based on your weight loss goals.

So, if you said 1 lb a week, it automatically deducted 500 calories a day. That means your deficit is at 1500 right now.
    Try to keep your net at no less than 1200 (for women) and 1700(?) for men for long periods of time. Anything less will send your body in to lower metabolism levels over time.
  • so even tho my goal is 1700 n i ate 1976 i still need to eat more?
  • so even tho my goal is 1700 n i ate 1976 i still need to eat more?

Keep in mind that while you ate more than you were alloted according to the goals you set, you burned 943 extra ones. I would eat more - but that's just me. Since you burned those, you only really gained 1,033 calories for the whole day. I'd keep it at a "net "of 1700 calories a day (or close to it), which is what it says you're supposed to have. I wouldn't go lower than 1,200 per day.
This discussion has been closed.