i went out to Dinner tonight and wanted to share!

0JuicyLucy0
0JuicyLucy0 Posts: 28
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everyone,

I went out to dinner tonight at Applebees! I thought I would share my experience with everyone! I don't know about all of you, but I dread going out to eat because I have research restaurants and the calorie content is outrageous, I did find that Applebees has a selection for us who would like better food choices for ourselves!

I just wanted to tell ya'll to try the Signature sirloin steak with garlic herb shrimp, it comes with broccoli and red potatoes and the whole plate is 500 cals I only ate half of my plate and two glasses of lemon water, but you could eat the entire thing without feeling bad and believe it or not it was YUMMY and I'm very picky! I thought of this too after I ordered my plate you could ask for a chicken breast instead of the steak and it would bring down the fat count and I'm sure calories!

Just thought I would share !!!

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    That's great to know!!! I went to Applebees right after I started here and was still pretty clueless as to what calories were in food. My friend and I always get the appetizer sampler and share, boy was I shocked when I got home and my half was over 1000 :noway:
  • I as well was shocked how everything was loaded with calories I am now googling the nutrition facts on everything before I go out because what you think is low cals and good for you, out there in the restaurants is so not, like nothing on the Chili's menu would I go close to anymore and I love Chili's but after seeing the calories in everything I think I will pass!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i love to eat out! chili's margaita chicken plate is 600 calories as is and if you substitute out the rice for broccoli and remove the tortilla strips, it is even healthier. you can find something healthy to eat at any restaurant, especially if you are willing to take half home. :)
  • Thanks for sharing! I use to LOVE going out to eat and now I HATE IT!!! When you are aware of calories it makes eating out dreadful. A salad at cheesecake factor plus dressing has way over 1,000 calories... sick!!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I really like Applebee's chicken fajita roll up and the grilled shrimp with island rice. If you thoroughly research restaurants, you can often find meals for 600 cals or less, ask for a to go box when your meal comes, and put half of it away. It's all about planning! :)
  • Thanks for the tips everyone!!!! I think the more I learn the less stressed I'am along this journey! :)
This discussion has been closed.