Tired of being Fat Friend

Options
Hi,
I'm Angie and I just realized this app has a full community. I was going to join WW, but I read the post here and figured I should stick to this app. After getting out of the Air Force I let my weight creep up on me. I was never thin growing up, but I wasn't exactly fat. I am tired of always being called the fat friend. I decided I need to make a change and for me, accountability is huge. I hope I can add some friends from this site to keep me accountable. Check-in to each other or motivation. I do have an Autistic son and I cannot go anywhere with him. Going to the park is a thing of the past. I can only go to the mall when it is closed to walk around inside. The older people usually look at me weird. I'm an emotional eater, and if you know anybody with autism, you will understand why my emotions are constantly fluctuating. Please add me as a friend!! :smile:

Replies

• leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board.
  • motaile
    motaile Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there, we can be accountability buddies if you like! I'm just getting (re-re-)started on my journey.
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    I understand you fully. I have a 7 year old son with Autism and a 28 year old brother. Strange since studies show it doesn't run in families yet my mother and I had a son with Autism. Feel free to add me and good luck on your weight loss goals. You can do it!!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I added you Angie. Glad you're here! I was like you - the overweight "funny/smart" girl. Tired of that label. :)
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Even though I'm tall and no one can ever tell how much I weigh I'm tired of being the "fat friend" too. I am also a veteran and its amazing and disconcerting how much weight you can put on when you leave military life.

In any case add me as a friend if you want.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/tmj4477
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My name is Angie too and although I don't have an autistic son, I do have 2 5 year old twins with a disability. I can relate to the struggle. Good for you for remembering yourself through it all and that you're important to.