Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sugar free?

I'm sort of on the fence about sugar free foods. I know that most of them are just chemicals, but ugh... all those calories that I can save! Maddening!

Replies

• sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Everything is a chemical if you look at it closely, lots of research is conflicted about whether or not sugar-free is good/bad/ugly/pure evil. If you find yourself going over your macros by using regular old sugar, consider changing to an artificial sweetener or you could wean yourself off it gradually.

When I joined this site I used to drink my coffee with ff milk and 2 sugars, at 47 cal per mug at least 4 times a day that was at least 200-300 extra calories per day, so I started making a few changes, started off by moving to artificial sweetener, then removing the milk, then slowly reducing the amount of sweetener in there, and now two years later I drink my coffee black with 1/2 a spoon of sweetener (negligible calories) and I'm still cutting the sweetener until I won't have anything in my coffee except coffee.

Unless it's cold brew, in which case I cut it with some cookies and cream protein powder and water. nom!