Think ive messed up...

Options
Good morning =)
Okay so I've been feeling a little sluggish recently (well more than a little) so decided to do some research and change what I eat. I came across Quinoa and these beautiful sounding flap jacks I could have fro breakfast: www.deliciousasitlooks.com/2014/02/pb2-quinoa-granola-bars.html?m=1

So I inputted all the ingredients onto my recipe thing and it came out as just under 200cals if I split it into 8 portions! amazing!

So last night I made a batch so they could set in the fridge overnight ready for this morning.

SO this morning I ran to the fridge excited to try this new creation and I will say after eating one portion I am stuffed! BUT here's my problem...I read the recipe wrong =/ I used 1 cup of Quinoa raw then cooked it but the recipe was for 1 cup of Quinoa flakes. Now I'm thinking I may be WAY out with my calorie count on these. I don't want to bin the batch (Not because they were irresistible just don't like waste). I just now dont know how much cooked Quinoa I used =( What would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• dying_2b_skin3
    Options
    okay done some research and 1 cup swells to 3 cups =( that would make it 354 cals if it served 8 so am upping it to 16 portions which makes it 177 cals.
  • Christiandtroy
    Options
    Look on line and determine what the calorie count is for uncooked Quinoa and re adjust your numbers. if it is still too high save it for those days when you really need the feeling of fullness. Or you can eat them on what my Daughter calls Fat Saturday.
    another option is to portion your cakes out and add to salad as your protein.
    or you can thin your batter with Skim (fat free) milk and bake them as crackers... (let me know how that works)