Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to account for added salt to boiled foods e.g. pasta.

MattyFTM
MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
When you're boiling foods like pasta or potatoes, how do you account for the added sodium from the salt you add to the water? Obviously not all of the salt is absorbed into the food itself, so logging the amount of salt would be very inaccurate. Is there some way to estimate how much of the salt actually ends up in the food? I know it's never going to be 100% accurate, but I'd like to log it as accurately as possible.

Replies

• sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    Honestly I would count it all and divide it between the portions, overestimation is better than underestimating it, or you could just add the salt after the food is cooked
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    never heard of adding salt to pasta before...

i would just log half of however much you put in, better to over estimate. that or stop adding salt when you cook...
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    I wouldn't count it.

There is many things more important to put energy into than tracking salt added to boiling water.
    Just my 2cents.