TDEE

Options
Can anyone recommend a a site with a good calculator for measuring TDEE?
My BMR is around 1838 according to MFP, and Ive been eating 2200 for a while in efforts to gain some weight, but I've done some reading on forums on BodyBuilding.com, and I've seen I need to eat 3-400 calories above my TDEE and not my BMR.

Im trying to do a Clean Bulk, after a really long cut from being overweight

im 5ft 10inches and 150lbs, 19 years old (20 this month), I'm weight training 3 days a week and going for a few miles running with my Girlfriend on Saturday mornings. - If anyone can work it out themselves!

I'm eating around 165/170g of protein, 80-90g of fat, and the rest of my calories in Carbs - I think my Macros are okay! :)

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Try this one: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

If you know your BF% you can get a more accurate reading using one of the other calculators on this site that take BF/LBM into consideration: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

It is correct that you need to eat above TDEE to gain weight. If you are only eating above your BMR, depending on how active you are you well may still be in a calorie deficit which would result in weight loss, not gain.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That was awesome thanks!
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Tried the iifym one, came out at 2453 calories per day to gain, so not too much more, I'll look at the scooby one when I get back from Uni later :)
  • mmickk67
    mmickk67 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • rumple2014
    rumple2014 Posts: 79
    Options
    I'm similar to you in regards to weight and height and wanting to put muscle on!!
    I'm eating 2400 give or take and doing strong lifts every other day! No cardio!! I put on 2 kg last month and have my next weigh in in a couple weeks!

Obviously u will put on fat and muscle even if u try to eat clean!

I'm getting roughly the same macros as u as well!

Friend me if u want! Seeing as were both in a similar boat!

Chris
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i am curious as to what a "clean bulk" is…?
  • jcranston13
    jcranston13 Posts: 35
    Options
    Clean bulk is where you try to gain as lean as possible as compared to a "dreamer bulk" where you eat all the things all the time.
  • Megmo127
    Megmo127 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Definitely my favorite calc!