Not losing weight after a month

Options
I have been on this diet for just over a month and have only lost one pound. 99% of the time I am way under on my calorie intake by the end of the day. I even exercise every day. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to say without a tad more detail.

Would you make your diary public?
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Assuming you have no underlying medical condition, you are A) overestimating calorie burn from exercise. B) Underestimating calories consumed, or C) Both. Do you weigh your food with a scale?
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I find when I lose weight that in the first week to two weeks I easily drop 5 pounds or so. Then my metabolism slows down and I start feeling cold and it takes about 4 weeks before the body "gives up" and starts burning fat again.

I can see it in my weight loss charts every time I start a diet. I just started again Monday so I will show it again in a month. :)

When you lose body fat, your leptin levels decline, and your body will respond by cutting back the metabolism and increasing feelings of hunger. You have to push through it.

Other than that, make sure you are being honest in your calorie tracking. If you are eating a deficit, you must lose weight.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What is your height, weight, and workout routine? Do you have medical conditions? Do you use a food scale and can you open your food diary?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Make sure you are logging honestly and accurately. If you don't have a scale, get one.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexy+pants
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    When I first started, my weight just wasn't budging. I was at about 1350 calories, not eating my exercise calories, etc. Honestly, I think it was just that I was SO unhealthy and because of overcarbing, it took awhile for my blood sugar, and the rest of my metabolic system to catch up and start showing results. Hang in there...it happens.
  • deliciousmnm
    deliciousmnm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This also happens to me. I lost 2 pounds and haven't lost anymore in the past 3 weeks, but I have lost inches. I eat under my calories and workout. I am more toned than I was when I started. I feel lighter but the scale say different. So I have decided to stay off the scale and go with the way my clothes fit. I will only get on the scale once a month to log my weight but not everyday like I was doing. Keep at it, it will start falling off before you know it.
  • jennkorzen
    jennkorzen Posts: 1
    Options
    You say that most days you're "way under calorie goal". Make sure you're eating enough and taking care of yourself. If you're way under goal AND working out, you need to fuel your body- not starve it. You're not going to make the process go any faster. I know it seems counter-productive, but eat your calories.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    I have been on this diet for just over a month and have only lost one pound. 99% of the time I am way under on my calorie intake by the end of the day. I even exercise every day. What am I doing wrong?

I dont think you are telling the truth.

Having said that, you have admitted to losing a pound. What is wrong with that?