To tighten before or after

Options
Hi All,

I have seen a tons of weight loss stories and after losing tons a weight (not me but other persons on MFP) I want to know what they do with all that loose skin.

Is it wise to lose the weight then tighten or tighten while losing the weight?

I jog at least 5 times a week for 45- 60 minutes but I don’t lift weights or do jogs or any of that good stuff.
Should I Jog 3 times and do a program like jillian michaels 2 times or lose and then tighten?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    well some have plastic surgery...some live with it.

Not sure what you mean by "tighten up"...skin? or are you talking about muscle and weight lifting?
  • momo62463
    momo62463 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Tighten up skin by lifting weights ect.
  • R_Woodruff
    R_Woodruff Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you have loose skin, you have loose skin. Usually surgery is the only thing that can fix it, sometimes it'll tighten up on it's own given the factors age, amount of weightloss, how fast you lost it ect. I think strength training along with your cardio regimen is great, whether or not you're in the process of losing weight or have already lost it. Its better to get a head start on building muscle, than wait a year down the road and wished you had started a long time ago.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You should be lifting weights already
  • LillithM
    LillithM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I personally was a little skeptic about Jillian Michaels and toning, but I've only been doing it for 3 days and already see a difference. You will feel better, and look better ;) I highly recommend Jillian.