WALKING CLUB (starting Monday 8/9)

Options

Replies

• mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am in!! I will get a walk in tonight with my girls after dinner.
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm in... I love walking, and I walk almost every day. Today I'm am doing Shred Level 2 dvd and a walk after.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Sure why not? Can we gripe if it's too hot, too cold, too wet, too sunny, too windy? :wink: I'll give it a try, been trying to walk 3 days a week....and have been pretty faithful. Ace the Dufus dog will enjoy as well.
    Ezzie
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Yesterday walked 80 min. total. Plan on walking the same today, in 3 walks through out the day. Hope the rain lets up a little getting very wet on my walks. :laugh: :laugh:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Got my 30min. (at least) in yesterday. It's days like this that I am so glad I've got a gym membership. It's supposed to rain all day and it's nice knowing I've got an indoor track to go to. Although all the rain sure does make me long to be underneath the covers of my bed. :yawn:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I got thirty minutes in yesterday with the kids, and this morning I got about 45 minutes, I took a pretty big route and thought I was gone for over an hour, but nope, just 45 minutes. Oh well, it was 45 minutes without anybody yelling "MOM" im my ear. I love taking walks with the kids but find it doesn't give me a workout, even though I'm pushing the stroller I have to constantly stop to wait for my 6 yr old to catch up!!!
  • 1StepataTime
    Options
    Got my 30 minutes in today. Now I'm off to lift weights. Get out there and walk my friends :smile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Did my 50 minute walking DVD last night and 30 minutes so far today...
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yeah..snuck a walk in actually walked 52 minutes, with stops to chat with neighbors and throw sticks for the dog. So pleased that the weather has cooled...walking at 5:00pm was great. HRM said I burned 527 cal. Yipeeeeee!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    UGH.. someone kick my *kitten* please!
    I didn't do any walking.. well, yes I did do some walking but not the way I wanted..

I was in a bit of a foul mood today so I shut down completely when I'm annoyed BUT....

TOMORROW IS A BRAND SPANKIN' NEW DAY!

1 HOUR TOMORROW MORNING BEFORE BREAKFAST!

Awesome job walkers!!! KEEP IT UP PLEASE!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I didn't get anything done today. It's TOM for me and the first day is always a killer. :grumble: I just could not make it to the gym today. By lunch, I was miserable. Friday's are usually my day off from the gym. I guess I just traded days. I should feel better by the morning.
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    err.... is it too late to join?
    i think this is my type of club

i just walked about 20 minutes (to the shop at back, back i was carrying stuff... so does that count)?
  • sindyb9
    Options
    It is never to late to join Welcome all sometime we get busy or that stupid TOM is visiting and it makes it difficult. But tomorrow is a new day so lets WALK. :drinker: :drinker:
    Yesterday I walked 90 min. total hopefully I will get all my walks in I walk instead of taking the bus and if I am running late I will walk a few stops and catch the bus but it only takes me 22 min. to walk from the station to work and most of the time I beat the bus. :bigsmile:
    Everyone is doing great lets keep it up. :drinker: :drinker:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Ok... I'm in the mood for walkin! (Thanks Lawndry girl!:wink:)

Gonna hop on the tread for a while.

WALK WALK PEOPLE!!!!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I didn't get to go walking this morning, real estate agent here checking out our house, and thunderstorm. It's clearing up, so hopefully once the baby's up, the kids have lunch, and the stroller drys, I can head out for an afternoon walk with the kids. Not preferable conditions, but at least I'll be off my bum!!
  • Heft_Bandit
    Options
    HEY EVERYBODY!

Another challenge I'm in on another forum has a way to show all your walking accomplishments!

It's goes like this...

When you post a message, copy the previous list of names and stats, include your name (if missing) and then your stats.

So I'll start with every already wanting to join....

Name......................Daily Goal (min/miles)....Last Walk (min/ miles).....Total Walked (hours/ miles)
    ……………………………...:laugh: …………………..….:drinker: ……………………..….….:noway:
    1StepataTime………?/?.......................................……..?/?.....................................……......?/?
    Beca1975………..….?/?.......................................……..?/?...........................……................?/?
    BrandNewLaura……?/?......................................……...?/?........................................……...?/?
    Cmc1269…………....?/?....................................…….....?/?....................…….......................?/?
    Dthughes……………?/?...................................……......?/?......................…….....................?/?
    Ezzie……………….....?/?..................................…….......?/?....................…….......................?/?
    FletcherChic………...?/?..................................…….......?/?......................…….....................?/?
    Healthier_Me………..?/?...................................……......?/?......................…….....................?/?
    Heft_Bandit………….60/3.0...................................48.50/2.54...........................……...1.8/4.0
    Imariannel…………...?/?..................................…….......?/?.......................……....................?/?
    Katiem…………..……?/?.................................……........?/?........................……...................?/?
    LALeslie……………...?/?.................................……........?/?...........................……................?/?
    Mamaof2girls………..?/?...............................……..........?/?............................……...............?/?
    Natalie424…………...?/?................................…….........?/?............................……...............?/?
    Noniconnie…………..?/?..............................……...........?/?............................……...............?/?
    Obliged………..……...?/?.............................……............?/?...........................……................?/?
    Peej76………………..?/?...............................……..........?/?..............................…….............?/?
    Sindyb9………..……...?/?.............................……............?/?.............................……..............?/?
    Tyme4me5k………….?/?.............................……............?/?.............................……..............?/?
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Ok.. I was able to 30 minutes today on the tread. Little one wanted to hop on and play on it so I will do 30 minutes more later today.

Name......................Daily Goal (min/miles)....Last Walk (min/ miles).....Total Walked (hours/ miles)
    ……………………………... …………………..…. ……………………..….….
    1StepataTime………?/?.......................................……..?/?.....................................……......?/?
    Beca1975………..….?/?.......................................……..?/?...........................……................?/?
    BrandNewLaura……?/?......................................……...?/?........................................……...?/?
    Cmc1269…………....?/?....................................…….....?/?....................…….......................?/?
    Dthughes……………?/?...................................……......?/?......................…….....................?/?
    Ezzie……………….....?/?..................................…….......?/?....................…….......................?/?
    FletcherChic………...?/?..................................…….......?/?......................…….....................?/?
    Healthier_Me………..60/3.0...................................……......30/1.25......................…….....................30/1.25
    Heft_Bandit………….60/3.0...................................48.50/2.54...........................……...1.8/4.0
    Imariannel…………...?/?..................................…….......?/?.......................……....................?/?
    Katiem…………..……?/?.................................……........?/?........................……...................?/?
    LALeslie……………...?/?.................................……........?/?...........................……................?/?
    Mamaof2girls………..?/?...............................……..........?/?............................……...............?/?
    Natalie424…………...?/?................................…….........?/?............................……...............?/?
    Noniconnie…………..?/?..............................……...........?/?............................……...............?/?
    Obliged………..……...?/?.............................……............?/?...........................……................?/?
    Peej76………………..?/?...............................……..........?/?..............................…….............?/?
    Sindyb9………..……...?/?.............................……............?/?.............................……..............?/?
    Tyme4me5k………….?/?.............................……............?/?.............................……..............?/?
  • 1StepataTime
    Options
    I went walking at 9am and it's already sooo hot here. But at least I got it in before it hits 101 today

1StepataTime………30/?.......................................……..36/?.....................................……......0.6/?
    Healthier_Me………..60/3.0...................................……......30/1.25......................…….....................30/1.25
  • sindyb9
    Options
    I went walking at 9am and it's already sooo hot here. But at least I got it in before it hits 101 today

1StepataTime………30/?.......................................……..36/?.....................................……......0.6/?
    Sindyb9………..……...80/4.5.............................……...82/4.5...............................…….......82/4.5

I walk this everyday (M-F) so I put in my 5 o'clock walk too is that ok?
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Good morning everyone thought I would start things off for today.

Healthier_Me……….?/?...................................……......?/?......................…….....................?/?
    Heft_Bandit………….?/?…………… ….......................?/?...........................…..........……...?/?
    Sindyb9………..……...83/4.50.............................……......83/4.50.............................…….... 83/4.50

Happy Walking :drinker: :drinker: