Potato chip trip

Options
Day 3-- made it thru the day ok.. This evening has been a b----! I ate rice crackers and they helped but the tug of the chip was bad. I had to keep telling myself later, wait until later. Now the corner store is closed and its cold out. To get in the car and drive further for them is just crazy. So I am gonna put my crazy self to bed before that does not seem like such a bad idea.(Obviously I have done this before)
So nite-nite.

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Mmm, chips. I struggle sometimes as well with those salty devils, I have a bag in my house but haven't touched them in a week, or the dip. My roomie loves em, but they're so tempting.
  • dinavarrete
    Options
    Good for you. I love potato chips and the way that I try to avoid them is by comparing servings. I could each those 12 to 20 chips (depending on what chips you like) but I could have half a bag of popcorn or a whole piece of fruit or even a bowl of cereal instead. I am all about not feeling deprived so when I find that I can have a bigger serving of something else then its becomes easier to skip the temptation.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Try this: Ry-Krisp crackers with my newest, low calorie low fat dip.

Mix 1 pkg. Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dip mix with one 16 oz. carton FAT FREE sour cream. Add a few drops of worchestershire sauce (option). Mix it all very well and put back into the original container. Refrigerate overnight. CALORIES: 2 LEVELED TBSP. = 25 calories

Always measure with a regular, individual set of measuring spoons and level off with a straight blade spatula or knife.

High fiber crackers like Ry-Krisp or Wasa Bread (rye) make you feel more satisfied and help reduce that craving for the fatty, overly salted potato chips (that make you retain more fluid and gain weight).

I use this instead of mayonnaise on thin bread/buns whole grain sandwiches or you can use it as a dip.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Nice! I just left the fridge without any food (yay, me) after 5 minutes of just looking inside it. lol I think I'm going to take my crazy self to bed, as well! :grumble:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time resisting as well. My current faves are the Sweets and Carrots by Terra. Holy cow...those are some of the best chips I have ever eaten. I have to portion them out into servings when I get home from the store and only allow myself one or two servings a week.