back again! hopefully for good.

Options
I joined here 2 years ago, and after about 3 months maybe less I fell off the weight loss wagon. I joined back up one year ago after I had my gall bladder removed, Shortly after that things went to hell in a hand basket. We were just back from our vacation in Mexico, where I had my surgery, we got hit with 2 very large bills all at once, the cell phone bill (calling home from Mexico on that thing was expensive!), the toilet while we were gone decided to not just leak but run. Both bills were $300, then the altinator on the car went the same week we got those bills which cost us $700. This was all in January. On top of that I got sick and ended up spending a day in hospital getting x rays and ct scans...all turned out ok there thankfully. The following month my Dad had a major stroke. He's fine today, but he almost died. I was too stressed to keep at the weight loss goal.

March- things settled down and the big bills were getting smaller thankfully. I was just starting to get back into the swing of things here and then just after the Easter long weekend I found out I was pregnant with baby number 2 after 2 years of trying for a baby! I couldn't exactly start losing weight at that point. We had a second baby girl, who was due in Dec, but came 3 weeks early at the end of November. She is now 5 weeks, I'm just about fully healed from my second C section and ready to get back on the weight loss program! Things are looking up finally.

I've had 3 abdominal surgeries in 3 1/2 years, 2 c sections and my gall bladder removal. It has taken a toll on my core muscles lol! although my measurements don't really show it that much shockingly. They are however bigger than I want to see, so here I am once again. Let 2011 be the year I finally lose this extra weight! I've so far gone from a goal loss of 85 lbs to a goal loss of 55 lbs! I'm down 30 lbs over the last year, that is strictly 20 lbs after the gall bladder was removed, plus an extra 10 lbs since my newest baby was born. No baby weight to lose, so I get to start 10 lbs ahead :)

Replies

• koalamommy
    koalamommy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am starting back this week after almost 8 months off of the wagon. Hoping for some motivation to keep me going this year since I put most of what I lost last year back on while I was off.

Here's to a great year!
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and 2011 will be your year! I feel your pain girl! Surgery put me in a funk and the 2 years have sucked financially for me too. But I'm determined that 2011 will be better. I'm here to help so let's do it together!!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear all is better with your family and 2010. I am glad it's over as I have a 2 year old and have just finished paying for my c-section and he was a baby that had his cord tied in a knot, so he was an emergency. We had tons of financial problems as well, with being late on house payments, credit card bills piling up from me being sick myself, and I have epilepsy as well, and I had 3 seizures last year and all had to go to the emergency room. I'm hoping 2011 is better for everyone, and I'm hoping as well for you and I. If you ever need a friend, I am here for you. I am on the same path. Tried to lose weight and then gave up and now I'm back.
    Stephanie