Color Me Rad- 1 Year and 47 pounds lost

Options
rCatheriner
rCatheriner Posts: 48 Member
My year anniversary on Myfitnesspal was actually a couple of weeks ago, but since I didn't take any pictures when I (re) started my journey, I decided to wait until I did have some actual comparison pics to post.

For the past 3 years, I've participated in the Color Me Rad race with my friend Chealsea. The first year I did it, I was on my first journey with MFP and had lost around 15 pounds when it was time for the race. The next year I had just gotten back into using MFP and was right around my highest weight (254 I believe). It's now been 1 year since that race and I've lost 47.5 pounds.

It has been a difficult journey, but I'm happy with where I am. Do I sometimes think about how much weight I could have lost if I had maybe gone out less or worked out more? Yes. Of course. But I'm determined to live my life and if that means the road to weight loss is a little longer, then so be it. I also believe that a gradual change (at least for me) will be more sustainable.

My goal for the next year is to keep losing weight. I'm not going to put a number on it, but I'm going to keep trying. My first goal weight to hit is 200 and I'm almost there (I'm at 207.5 right now). I'm hoping to at least lose another 20 pounds and work on my fitness goals as well. I would like to do another obstacle race and maybe do a Triathlon, but we'll see. Overall I want to be able to live my life and enjoy it without feeling self-conscious :-)

Anyways, here are some pictures!

Color Me Rad 2013

d0b01e77-c5ad-41b6-b6e9-e57f0060986c.jpg

84b60008-c4a6-4bad-88b0-1ec5d8c56136.jpg

Color Me Rad 2014

1a6f5e4d-18f9-44b9-a746-0acce1605608.jpg

eac62221-9b20-4ed6-9028-e443399fa0ba.jpg

Replies

• Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you look awesome and I bet you feel really good! Looks like your race is a ton of fun!
  • rCatheriner
    Options
    Thanks! I do feel a lot better and a lot more confidant. The race is super-fun!
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    One of those races is on my to-do list - if not this summer, then next. Congrats on the journey!
  • csk0018
    csk0018 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing difference! You go girl! Congrats! :glasses:
  • TeamBlackAnchor
    TeamBlackAnchor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! This is going to be my first year doing the color run and I think I'm going to borrow your idea if that's okay. I'm around 215 right now and would love to compare pics to next year. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • rCatheriner
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The race is really good for people who don't consider themselves "runners" and are looking to have fun. I don't think I've ever ran the whole thing :-p
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

I loved the Colour Me Rad run, can't wait for it this year!!!!
  • kornpopper
    kornpopper Posts: 22
    Options
    awesome , your doing great
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Go you! You look great...so youthful and full of energy.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!