My weight loss has stopped

Options
Hi
I have been loosing weight gradually over a month, both through watching my food intake, cardio and strength training.
I usually do have an hour of cardio a day and half an hour of strength, and I eat around 1200 calories.

However my weight loss now seems to have stopped. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me? am I doing the wrong kind of exercise or need to eat more/less?

Thank you

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything you eat, drink lots of water, and give it more time. From the wording of your post you don't say how long its been stalled but it sounds like you only started a month ago and have had some pounds gone.

Weight loss takes time. You may go 2-3 weeks without a change and then the scale seems to 'catch up'. Just stick with it. But do make sure you're eating enough. 1200 is generally the minimum intake level, and if you're not a very petite or inactive person it might not be enough for you.
  • moleinahole1
    Options
    Thank you very much!
    I own a food scale and do weigh my food every day. I think I have only stopped loosing weight for two weeks and got a bit panicky so maybe I should just see how things go :)
    I am only 5 ft 4 however I do think that maybe I'm not eating enough, as I've stepped up my exercise quite considerably since i started.
  • sheltol
    sheltol Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't even have to ask your stats. At 1200 calories with a1.5 hour workout regimen you are not eating enough. Bump up your caloric intake 200-400 cals for 2 weeks and see what happens. You should also monitor your bf%. Best of luck with your fitness goals. Larry
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you are female (though I could be wrong). Our monthly cycle can play a part in what the scale shows. Hormones & water retention can make us stay the same OR go up for 1-2 weeks each month. Other things affect everyone: high sodium, starting a new or more intense workout routine, stress, sleep issues: can all lead to water retention with a temporary effect on the scale.
  • moleinahole1
    Options
    I am a female yes :) ah okay I find all the water stuff very confusing, but I try to drink 3-4 bottles per day.
    I will increase my calorie intake for a week and see if that helps! thank you all very much.

Also do you think I should cut out the strength until i've lost the weight? I have heard that cardio is more important. I cam feel I have Ab muscles now but they are under a layer of belly fat :/