I washed my fitbit :(

Options
Has anyone else done this? It worked right after but now is completely dead and will not turn on.

Replies

• msurads06
    msurads06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I have never done this (YET). You can try the rice and Ziploc bag trick that works for cell phones. If its a zip take out the battery then put it in a Ziploc bag with some rice ( I think white works best if you have it) then let it sit for several days/a week. Some times it works sometimes it doesn't but its worth a try. If you have the flex/one just put it in the bag.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    It should still be fine... I have done that once so far...
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My wife has washed two so far. Both had to be replaced. Sorry about your luck. She know hangs a sign over the washer to "check for Fit-bit".
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Contact customer service and let them know it isn't working. There's a good chance they'll replace it with no questions asked.
    I've had my One replaced with a brand new device, and when I had my Flex act up, they would have sent me a replacement, with me mailing my old one back.
    Turns out, I just needed a new charger. Problem solved. FitBit really has awesome customer service reps.
  • JohnInBrooklyn
    JohnInBrooklyn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My wife washed two of them (Fitbit One's). One worked right off the bat, the other worked after a couple of days with some dessicant packets in a ziploc bag in the boiler room (nice and warm/dry). Don't give up hope just yet.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I have never washed mine but I use it for water events all the time. Let it dry and reset it. You might be surprised. I did have to reset mine once after a long soaking in the hot tub.
  • inky409
    inky409 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    their customer service is really good. contact them. more than likely, the will send you a replacement.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I think it's only a matter of time before I wash mine as well, considering I've only just found it after being lost for a few months... I'm not a responsible fitbit owner :embarassed: