ugh! what is sexy enough?

Options
So along with everything else going on my lovely ex decided to call me and make my life miserable... maybe he was right when he said if I was sexier he would have stuck around... I mean I tried to be sexy for him... I did pin up photo shoots for God sakes but when I gave him the pictures he told me why would I want to look at slutty pictures of you... I give up... Am I sexy enough?

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    What a jerk!

You need to find yourself sexy (and you are!) and then find a guy who treats you like you deserve!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    ugh! to that guy. he's your ex for a reason, don't waste another second on worrying about being sexy enough for him and be sexy enough for yourself to find someone who treats you well. Avoid people who are mean and stupid:flowerforyou:
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah, your sexy! Your ex sounds like he likes to blame others for things he decides to do, don't let him get to you. People tend to say things to be mean to others to feel better about themselves.
  • jbarton163
    jbarton163 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think you should be glad that you just dropped a ton of dead weight. They are ex's for a reason, and you are so much better off without them so don't let him get you down on yourself, you're awesome! Plus the fact that you're working on making yourself healthier is even better. So forget this guy, and move your sexiness to someone who really deserves you. :)
  • Troublelette
    Options
    There is a REASON this guy is your ex! because he is an *kitten*. The guy you deserve is gonna love you no matter how you look, but will support you even if you want to lose weight. I know that you must hear that all the time, but its so true! My whole life I talked to myself like you, thinking that if maybe i was sexier, they would have liked me. But then I met my husband, and i realized how trivial the opinions of the other guys were. It's hard to even know where to begin, but you have to want to lose weight for you, not anyone else. You will find that someone that could care less what you look like, and supports you in every decision you make. I would love to help keep you motivated if you'd like :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he was and still is a total a-hole. Don't waste another second on him! Forget about him and move on. You are definitely sexy, I LOVE the picture of you in the red corset. Totally HOT!! Keep up the hard work and do not listen to negativity from anyone!
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WHAT!?

I agree he is your ex for a reason and i believe that sexiness is an an attitude and comes from within and has nothing to do with slutty pictures. It's about feeling hot in your own skin. He is obviously a total loser and please do not waste another second of your precious time worrying about him! You're beautiful and he's an idiot.
  • navs52
    navs52 Posts: 40
    Options
    Sexy is a state of mind. Asking ppl on a forum doesn't seem sexy to me. Not trying to be mean...just my opinion.
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    Stop worrying about him and start focusing on building your self esteem. The fact that you even considered that he was right is crazy!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Actually I think you don't need to be sexier, he needs to be less of an *kitten*. You are so much better off without him and you will find someone who appreciates you as you are and will continue to do so in the future, not matter what.
  • Amesontrack
    Options
    Wow, you should be very happy that he is your ex. Any guy that would say that does not deserve another moment of your attention or affection. You are absolutely beautiful and this is his loss. Love yourself first, then one day you will find a guy that loves you no matter what. A guy that will think you are sexy on your absolute worst day. That is what you deserve, don't settle for anything less.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    why are you letting him make you feel bad? if he couldnt find you sexy then you dont need to be with him. you are beautiful as you are you dont need approval for that. just stick around here and make the healthy changes you need for you and, then when you reach goal and he tries to get you back, tell him he had his chance but its too late :)
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You know all men are different. Some like slutty and some like wholesome and some like nerdy....you get it. DO NOT let that guy define you. Be healthy, thats sexy. You look pretty darn good to me.
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hm. First of all, let's get something straight: you're adorable. I get the feeling you know that, and that you're feeling low right now and just seeking confirmation from people at a forum.
    Have some self-confidence, woman! As navs52 said, "sexy is a state of mind". An attractive woman is a confident woman, no matter her outward appearance.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    doh.gif The guy is a moron...period. One too many brick.gif to the head.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sexy is different for everyone. I was 240lbs after I had my 2nd child and I was really depressed at how I looked. My husband constantly told me he thought I was pretty and sexy and attractive. He wanted me to get healthy for me. He encouraged me to lose weight so that I would be happy with myself.

I think that your ex sounds like a jerk. I think there is a way to encourage someone to better themselves and then there is a way to put someone down so that you can feel better wbout yourself. Your ex sounds like the latter. Try not to give him the benefit if getting upset over his words. Surround yourself with people who will encourage you and are positive towards you, no matter what you look like.

Your picture looks great by the way. :wink:
  • SkinnyCate
    Options
    I second that!
  • cddavis04
    Options
    Sexy is a state of mind. Asking ppl on a forum doesn't seem sexy to me. Not trying to be mean...just my opinion.

I know what you were trying to say. Sexy is a state of mind nobody can tell if you are sexy or not. You just got to feel it. Look at me I am 283 pounds and I feel sexy as hell. Do this for your health not for some knuckle head's notion of sexy!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    There are those people who don't feel complete until they make you feel miserable. I have known several people like that and this guy sounds just like that sort of person. My ex used to call me fat when I weighed only 128 pounds and I believed him. I reealized what he was doing. He was just insecure about me not being in his life and said things to me he knew would hurt me.

Don't let him push your buttons. Don't give him that kind of power. You are better than that and confidence is what makes you sexy.

I weigh 177 pounds and my husband tells me I'm hot. My husban'ds been withme from 130 pounds all the way up to 189 pounds. He was also there when I almost died of a severe asthma attack three years ago. Part of my treatment was taking Prednisone which made me pack on 25 pounds.

You are a wonderful, beautiful woman and you don't need to give him the satisfaction.
  • katerinab
    katerinab Posts: 107
    Options
    You will be plenty sexy enough for any man lucky enough to have you. To heck with your ex - obviously there's a reason he's earned that name.