Hey Stay At Home Mom's!

Options
I was just wondering how many SAHM's are on here- I would love to add you as a friend for support. I am a SAHM right now, going to college next fall. Add me if you would like a weight loss buddy!

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi!
    I am a SAHM to my 4 wonderful children ages 5 (on Friday!--my baby is growing up) to 10. How old is/are yours? Feel free to add me!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Mine are 2 and 4 months old. :]
  • aprildauer
    Options
    Im a SAHM. My kids are 6 years and 16 months.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    SAHM & Student, here :)

What I find most difficult isn't even the inactivity factor of being at home, since I'm constantly running around, cleaning, doing housework, getting things for the kids, & playing with them.

For me, it's the food. Not accessability in general, but the constant thought and requests for food from the kids. Mine are grazers, always asking, all day long. So that means opening the fridge/pantry 100 times more than I would if I had a 9-5er :wink:, and seeing things very often that trigger appetite. They love healthy food of all varieties, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I give/make them things I try to avoid (i.e. crackers, cookies, breaded chicken cutlets, raviolis, pasta in general, etc.)

I've thought about pre-making meals, to cut down time I'm seeing or handling it lol, and for convenience purposes of course! What mom doesn't want to be organized :glasses:

p.s. mine are 4yrs. & almost 2yrs.
  • chasidynicole
    Options
    Hey!

I am also a stay at home mom. I have two boys and they are 10 1/2 months apart.. My oldest will be 15 months on the 7th and my youngest turned 4 months on the 31st. I also go to school online full time, so I am definately going to be needing some encourgement with loosing all this weight I have on me with all the craziness in the house!
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm to a 16 month old sweetheart :)
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    More of a WAHM, many of the same obstacles though. My son will be 7 on Friday too! Stressing over trying to organize the party. It's too darn soon after Christmas.

Just trying to get back into the swing of things after the chaos of the holidays.
  • thatgirl17
    Options
    I am as well a SAHM to a 9 month old baby girl. Back to work in 3 months....not looking forward to it. Going to be hard...been at home 9 months now and havent done anything health/excercise wise...hoping I get a good kick start in the next 3 months before going back to work! Nice to meet me all add me as a friend!
  • NZGeekGirl
    Options
    Yup I'm a SAHM to a 4 year old girl and 9 month old boy. :o)

I agree the food aspect is one of the worst obstacles, bet I'm not the only one who is tempted to just finish the half biscuit or whatever else has been left untouched.

At least my eldest is in kindy weekday afternoons so that frees up some time for me to get in some exercise. :o)
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    hi, ive been a stay at home mom for too long, lol...will add!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    My name is Barb, and I'm a SAHM. I have a little girl who is 6 years old (April 12th she'll be 7) and a little boy who is 8 months old (April 30th, he'll be 1.....his due date was May 18th and he decided to come a little early....)
  • NavyMommy
    NavyMommy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a SAHM to a 2 year old and a 7 month old. For me the fact that I'm thinking about food, and around it all day is one of the hardest things because then I'm hungry. I've got two more small organization projects to take care of around the house this week and next week I'm going to be back at my StrollerFit class and hopefully be able to go 3 days a week. My 2 year old loves it too which is extra motivation :)
  • mama2lmcjd
    mama2lmcjd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm Meg - a SAHM to 5. My "big" boys are 12 and 9, and my "little" boys are 3 and 5 mos. Princess DD holds court right in the middle, and is 6YO.

My roadblock is they are all medically complicated, so I'm often eating hospital cafeteria food or even drive through. Oh yeah, and I'm AT the hospital/doctors 2-3 days/week (sometimes more).

I lost almost 100 pounds after DS 2 was born, and then got pregnant with DD. And never lost the baby weight between her and either of the little boys, so I'm back to where I started. I've got some cute reasons to show for it, but it's time to get back to where I was.
  • Nicole114
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM to a 2 year old girl! I would love have some weight loss buddies! :)
  • ellisor1230
    Options
    Another SAHM here! My babies are almost 10(!), 6, and 4. I also babysit two little boys for a friend. They are 5yrs and 16 mths.

I"ve got a bet going with my hubby right now that if I can lose 40 (26 more to go!) by the end of March, I can get off my BC so that we can try for our final baby at the end of the summer! I really, really want another little one, so I need all the encouragement I can get!
  • cassandra77
    Options
    Hi I am also a SAHM to a handsome 16 month old as well as two step sons ages 10 and 12. I will be adding all you ladys as friends and look forward to encouraging eachother!
  • sharis1242
    Options
    hi i'm a sahm too. proud mommy to to two boys ages 7 and 8. just wanted to say good morning to you all!!! :flowerforyou:
  • MaryMary11
    MaryMary11 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too. My youngest is 9 months and the oldest is 18 and many in between :) It's the constant food that is the biggest struggle!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I have to agree, the food thing is so hard with kids. I am always so tempted to just finish off that last bite, ect. But it has ended me up being very overweight, well that and snacking when they go to bed! I also have one that has a feeding disorder, which basically is a huge fear of food, (oh why can't I have that!? j/k!) so that makes our meal times more stressful and I'm often tempted to give in and just feed her the junk she will eat. I'm glad we can all discuss mommy eating issues here!

Make sure you drink you water today!! :drinker:
  • getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello SAHMs! I have a 19 month old daughter and a 4 year old son. They are a hoot and definitely keep me on my toes. I just joined mfp a few days ago and am loving it here. I finally dusted off my exercise bike and treadmill and have been putting them to use!

Do y'all have a certain time of day to workout that works best for you?
    The easiest time for me to workout is before my daughter wakes up in the morning, and during her nap times, while my son plays on learning websites for kids. I don't know if any of your children get on the computer, but mine love Starfall. :)