Is it just me?

Options
Ok perhaps it's just me and I'm just frustrated. I worked out with a trainer for a year and the weight loss was slow (25 lbs in a year), I joined MFP about a month ago and I have been between the 1270-1500 calories a day sometimes I'm a little under. I am back at the gym 4x a week minimum but the scale is saying that I am back to gaining weight.

I am not great with the water but have anywhere from 2-8 glasses more when I work out. So what am I doing wrong? Why is the scale going in the opposite direction then where I want it to go? I'd like to think it's an adjustment but I'm so discouraged by it.

I'm eating fairly clean (few slip ups but not a lot), drinkin water, exercising. Stress has been less than normal.

Any suggestions? I just feel like no matter what I do or try to do it's just not helping.

Maybe one day I will wake up and I have lost 50lbs instantly from the hard work. lol.

Trying to stay positive and make encouraging excuses like "oh your body is just adjusting" but seriously I have been working out 3-4x a week for a year now.
What am I doing wrong?

(sorry for the rant)

Replies

• Taytotot
    Taytotot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are putting on muscle. I would say focus on measurements and your fat percentage instead of weight...you will find it less frustrating. A great book to read is "The 4 hour Body" Has some good information in there. :)
  • cddavis04
    Options
    Everybody is not meant to lose weight at the same rate. You might see better results taking your calories up to one pound a week and instead of two. Also I would start measuring your self you might have lost a lot of inches or at least this would leave you with another way to keep track of progress.
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree! Muscle burns fat and takes up less space in the body than fat, BUT it always weighs more pound for pound. I would say to keep doing what you know is right. Eating clean and watching your portions. Drinks lots of water, that'll keep you fuller, longer and help your body flush out the toxins. :)
  • tradle
    tradle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, sorry to hear you are having trouble losing weight. Sounds like you are working hard but I find that to lose weight I can't have more than 1200 cals per day. I think most dieticians agree with that so maybe you could try staying under 1200 and see how that goes. If you choose carefully 1200 cals is plenty.

I hope this helps and you manage to start losing again. Best of luck :)
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was going to say that! :) I agree- focus on measurements, it could be muscle gain.
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't be sorry for the rant. It got what your feeling out in the open. This is what we are here for. I bet it is just muscle. The best thing gor me when i get like that are my clothes if they are not so snug anymore. You are toning up not gaining weight.