How would you calculate this??

Options
Hi everyone, I am a home daycare provider and quite often walk with my kids..I have a quad stroller and it weighs roughly 20lbs, and each child range from 20 - 30 lbs, and then I have a back pack on with another 20 lb child on my back....If I walk roughly 12 min kms and walk about 2 kms in total

how would I record that???
thx in advance
Beth

Replies

• Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Well first, I'd say sign in as Wonder Woman...

Ok, back to your question. You can log your cardio for the speed and the length of time, and ignore the fact that you are carrying an extra 20 lbs around with you. Or you can log strength training under the cardio section and fill in the amount of time you are walking. MFP gives you calories for both, but they may or may not be accurate.

Under the exercise tab, go to the database and see what entries would fit your situation best. In either case, I would say defer to the one that gives you the lowest calorie computation to be on the safe side.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. For this type of activity, that would be the only way to "mostly" be accurate logging it.
  • Angsty
    Angsty Posts: 4
    Options
    Wonder women (nope that isn't me...lol)

I didn't even think about a heart rate monitor

Thx
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If this is a common enough activity, I'd honestly consider just switching your activity modifier to active and not logging each individual walk.