Activity Tracker - Can't decide

Options
I have been looking into getting an activity tracker. I am particularly interested in either the Fitbit Flex or Jawbone UP. Can anyone tell me, if you do have either of these, the pros and cons of each? I'm hoping that by deciding on one, I will be more inclined to continue moving around all day. Thank you :)

Replies

• tonywpotts
    tonywpotts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't have either. Researched both and ended up buying a Soleus Go. Actually paid less for the Go thanks to Kohls coupons. New to the market and does not sync with MFP yet but have been told it is in the works. Like having a readout on the device and functions as a watch with the looks of a fitness band.
  • winyin
    winyin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit and although it has helped me it will not work with my cell phone app so I can only know what I have done after the fact. I hate that. I have worked with their tech support but they say it is the update of my OS on my Samsung Galaxzy III. It did work for awhile but no longer, I still wear it and use it and it helped me alot. I was stuck at 150 for the last two years. I only wanted to lose another 10 lbs and between this site and the armband I have finally hit my goal weight and lost a little more, 139.?. So although I wouldn't necessarily recommend this for anyone that has the same phone I have I would recommend it.

:)
  • PLAID1977
    PLAID1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Link and I love it! It works flawlessly with mi old iphone 4 and syncs with MFP. Best $100 I ever spent!!
  • cokekitty
    cokekitty Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi! I have an UPBand, and overall I'm pretty satisfied with it! Mine's kind of old (and I bought it refurbished), so it's seen better days and when I first got it the app was pretty glitchy, but now it works wonderfully. It does sync to MFP, but it can be kind of confusing how it works. I still don't fully understand it, but basically you don't have to log your exercise into MFP, UP keeps track of all that for you. And if UP says you burned more calories than MFP thought you would, it adjusts accordingly to reflect in your diary. Or, if you enable the feature, it can adjust negatively if MFP thought you were going to burn more calories than UP says you did. It's still kind of wonky at times, though.

But overall I do love my UPband!
  • PTMama0614
    PTMama0614 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been using a fitbit for over a year and a half and I love it. I have the fitbit one and clip it to my waist. I like it because I can wear it without anyone knowing I have it on and it syncs to my iPhone 5S and MFP. With the new MFP upgrade, it now syncs my fitbit steps. I also love that it tracks my sleep and has a silent alarm I can set which vibrates to wake me up. I paid $100 for it and have never had any problems. The battery life is long, I charge it about once every 2 weeks. No matter which one you choose, I believe it will motivate you to be more active. I try to get my 10,000 steps everyday. Good luck!