Trying to find that motivation and support

Options
2010 was a very stressful year for me in many ways. I was pushed to my limits emotionally and physically, and became very down on life. And I am now feeling and seeing the results, and not only is it embarrassing, but difficult for me to stand. I started last year wanting to make a change in my physical health, and my boyfriend at the time was supportive for a very short time. I began the last leg of my teaching licensure, student teaching. Well this was five days a week, just like a job, except, no pay. So I had to keep my job as a 911 dispatcher. I worked nights on the weekends. Two days a week, Monday and Friday I was pulling double duty with very little sleep. This began my decline, I tried to eat healthy and exercise, but found it too exhausting on myself. It was too easy to just not exercise and sleep and relax, and much easier to grab something like fast food or an easy quick fix for a meal. I found myself snacking on foods I shouldn't have been. Not only this I found that my partner no longer cared and seemed more and more distant. Shortly after i finished I was dealt a life changing blow after 6 years, and was left single, and without anything but my best friend and family. My weight declined because I just stopped eating didnt care anymore...realizing I couldn't do this, I tried to get back on the horse so to speak and rebuild my life. Its been hard, very hard. I have found its hard to work out without a partner anymore, no one to motivate me and push me to try harder. Eating has been my other downfall, dinner, what reason was there to cook dinner anymore, it was easier to just grab something on the way home. The holidays depressed me...and so on and so forth.

My friend has got me started on this site, and I want to change, but still needing motivation and support. I want to be healthy again. So if you would like to, feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• deery33
    Options
    I had weight loss surgery in August, and everything was going great until a few months ago when I seemed to have hit a wall. I had already lost 50 pounds, but for some reason I just couldn't shake more weight off. You think with weight loss surgery, I'd be loosing a lot of weight, but I'm a muscular guy as well so it's even harder, but I've recently devoted myself to working hard again and sticking to the post-op rules of eating that gave me so much success in the past.

It seems cliche but it is a New Year, and while every one takes this oppourtunity to say "I'm going to lose weight," "I'm going to eat better," etc... I made a resolution to just get back on track! I go to the gym everyday, but I slacked for a week over the Holidays, but I dragged my butt in there kicking and screaming and once you get that bug for working out, you'll feel motivated again. Just take that first step in the right direction! It's hard to, but once you do you'll love it!

Goodluck!
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've actually started taking steps. And you're right my goal is to gte on track and in the mean time to get back to a healthier weight. I actually prepped my lunches and dinners for work and put them in the fridge, so I can grab and go. The dog and I take longer walks every day and while I don't go to the gym I have weights at home and do Jillian Michaels and other workout from the on demand section through comcast. I just have to tell myself to stay with it