Need to add calories, carbs & fat to bfast. Ideas, please!

Options
LizaGetz
LizaGetz Posts: 57 Member
I need to add something to my breakfast that's heavier in fat & carbs, since my shake is protein heavy. I don't want to add more than 100-150 calories though. Any ideas?

My bfast shake contains: 1/4 c mixed berries, 1/4 c spinach, 1/4 c oatmeal, 1 tsp almond butter, and 1 scoop protein powder, all blended with water. It's 234 calories total and leaves me full til my a.m. snack.

My daily macro goal is 40/30/30 (carbs/fat/protein), but this shake is 38/19/43.

I'm (surprisingly) usually low on my daily fat intake and I generally don't eat a lot of bread, but was thinking maybe PB&J on a bagel thin. I need other ideas, please! Also, it's not that I want to ADD anything to the shake (though I might up the almond butter), but I'm looking to add another 200 calories to my diet overall anyway.

Thoughts?

Replies

• msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You could add more almond butter than a tsp, and that should be pretty great. Nuts were going to be my first suggestion, as that's what I do when I have a shake that's low in fat.
  • nicki_lynne
    nicki_lynne Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    2 Tbp of Flax seed would add 8g of Fat/ 6 carbs for 110 calories + 1/2 banana would add an additional 14 carbs and 53 cals.
  • tectactoe
    tectactoe Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is high fat/carb, low protein

;o)
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason you want to add them breakfast vs any other meal?
  • nicki_lynne
    nicki_lynne Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just slightly over 150. Could make that 1/3 rd banana.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Your macros can balance out over the day. No need to have each meal 40/30/30.

However, if you'd still like more carbs and fat, I'm personally a fan of bagels and cream cheese.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    a slice of bread and a Laughing cow cheese wedge. or add a boiled egg or two in the day somewhere.
  • LizaGetz
    Options
    Any particular reason you want to add them breakfast vs any other meal?

I'd rather add the calories in the morning than at dinner, as dinner tends to be heavier than any other meal. I eat all day, so it's not even a matter of being hungry at any particular point.
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    whole wheat mini bagel with avocado on top.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    bacon sandwhich
  • LizaGetz
    Options
    Your macros can balance out over the day. No need to have each meal 40/30/30.

However, if you'd still like more carbs and fat, I'm personally a fan of bagels and cream cheese.

Indeed! Yeah, my macros usually DO end up balancing out throughout the day, though, like I said, I'm usually low on fat in general. I just ran to the grocery store to get my greens for lunch and I opted for bagel thins + a natural peanut butter. We'll see how this works out! Thanks!
  • eherte
    eherte Posts: 9
    Options
    I usually fry up a small potatoe with about 1/4 of an onion in tbls of coconut oil then add 1 egg to that. It gives me energy and keeps me full.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    duh - I should have thought of this before.

buttered muffin or bread of appropriate calorie size
  • LizaGetz
    Options
    bacon sandwhich
    duh - I should have thought of this before.

buttered muffin or bread of appropriate calorie size

Hee hee, I'm all about a bacon sammich on a buttered muffin!