New to MFP - Goal is down to single digits

Options
Hello, my name is Kevin. I am not new to the site but I am new to posting on the site. About a month ago I started weighting my food and counting calories. I am 5'7'' and was 180 lbs. I wanted to get down to 155 in order to be more healthy for my two little boys. I use to be a college track runner and at a point in my life could eat anything under the sun without worrying about weight. Those days are long gone and it took a long time to realize it. I have a two toddler boys at home that are into sports, and a few months back I started realizing that if I don't get into shape I wouldn't be able to participate as much in the their sports as I would like. Thus the beginning of the new me!!!

As of this morning I am 164.4, with a little under 10 lbs to reach my goal. While, I am not a person that had a lot of weight to lose in order to get to my goal, I am a firm believer that all goals are equally important no matter if its 200 lbs or 10.

I want to thank everyone for their posting, it has been a great motivating force during the last month. Here is to hoping that the last 10 lbs are fun and as easy

Replies

• somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Okay to be honest, given your title, I had no idea what this thread was about. It sounded like your goal was to be down into the single digits...you know like...9 lbs. Maybe I'm too sleep deprived to be reading posts. Anyway great job so far and keep it up!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Okay to be honest, given your title, I had no idea what this thread was about. It sounded like your goal was to be down into the single digits...you know like...9 lbs. Maybe I'm too sleep deprived to be reading posts. Anyway great job so far and keep it up!

ditto, but congrats on your loss so far.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Always great to hear a success story! Keep it up -- I know from experience how much energy it takes to keep up with athletic kids!
  • Asher09
    Asher09 Posts: 25
    Options
    Sorry for the confusion. I will try and change the title.
  • Asher09
    Options
    Well no luck in changing the title, hopefully it won't deter people from posting in this thread
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. I started out with 20 to lose. Now that I'm under 8 to go, its ridiculously hard. I've slowed down a lot on my loss. Hang in there, thats what I keep telling myself too!:smile:
  • Asher09
    Options
    Thanks ZOO,

Keep up the good work, I know it gets harder as you reach your goal, but if we keep in mind what the goal is for then we know deep inside we have all the motivation we need. Great job working toward your goal