Support needed!

Options
Hi there,

I began using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone almost two months ago and for the first month it was fantastic! I was eating really well and exercising almost every day, I felt great and could feel and see the difference!
But then, of course, work got really busy so I was feeling stressed, which meant I ate atrociously, and didn't exercise one bit. Then with the Christmas lunches and New Years drinking... And of course I didn't want to upload any of the food I was eating, because I knew I'd be over my calorie goal and feel bad.
Anyway, I just figured that maybe having some friends following along, it would encourage me to continue with my goals, even when I'm becoming a bit discouraged.

Thanks guys, looking forward to getting back to healthy habits :)

Replies

• jennigiesting
    Options
    It happens, all you can do is get back on your routine ..... you can do it!
  • duckiewalters
    Options
    Hiya! Your situation sounds so familiar. So many times I would eat wrong and then feel guilty... and to feel better I ate :S... not a very good cycle to be in! You really have to fogrive yourself when you give in to temptations. Christmas and New Years and birthdays and anniversaries and all kinds of events are out there to destroy us!!! But we can't hide from those events or we miss out on too many special things. If you eat to much tell yourself I ate too much... I will make up for that by adding 10min extra exercise to each day for a week to make up for it. Doing a little extra in compensation might not make all the difference on the scales but you will definately feel better about yourself and the guilt won't drive you to more guilt. Stick with it I'm sure you'll do great! All the best and good luck! :happy:
  • vjam496
    Options
    Hi
    I just wanted to say you are not alone. I've been following that cycle off and on for three years I start out really well I may even have some goals in mind, but as work gets busy or some event come up I slowly stop and every time I do I gain more weight. This time around I promise to make healthy choices. For one I gave myself a cheat day one day a week I look forward to eat anything I want and relax, I found exercises that I enjoy some short some long I really try to make a balance according to me. I would love to be your support buddy. We could hold each other accountable.