Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Options
lo2754
lo2754 Posts: 16 Member
Anyone have before and after pictures? How many punches lost etc? I am considering purchasing it as I have about 25 more pounds to lose. Also would like friends for accountability so feel free to add me thanks
I am 22 yr old married mom of two they are 16 months and 11 days apart ages 2 and 8 months. Emergency c section with no numbing meds second c section with a spinal.

Replies

• Angela_clulow
    Angela_clulow Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics but i would recommend any of Jillian's dvds. 30 day shred is great if you're short of time, I've had great results since doing her dvds ????
  • nursedonnaj
    nursedonnaj Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Got it for Christmas. I haven't started yet, as I had to have foot surgery. As soon as my doc gives me the go ahead - I am starting it up!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No pictures but I am in the process of completing the DVD right now. I have been doing the DVD for the past three months straight, I've complete Level 1, Level 2 and I am on day 18 of Level 3, twelve more days to go! What I have noticed is that I am losing inches more so than weight, but I only weigh myself once a month!
  • hig17
    hig17 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did it for the month of April (not everyday) and lost 4.4 lbs. And lost the following inches:

1/2 inch off my waist
    3 inches from my hips!
    1 inch from arms
    1 inch from my back.

Sorry I never took a picture, I really should have. I am still doing the shred cause I only made it to Level 2 so feel free to friend me :)
  • _FATNSASSY
    _FATNSASSY Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    No Pics. Buy it or not buy it: depends on how much you work out I suppose. I did it and it most certainly gets you in shape (MANY inches were lost), course I dont usually work out. Not many of my pounds were lost, but I dont measure my ingredients AND when I did it I had an unknown thyroid issue. In some of the threads on MFP, some of the ladies have stated it wasn't enough work out for them. I like that it's short but effective. I'm striving to start working out again soon. Please note I had to stretch more than she does. Start out slow if you haven't worked out much. After doing it for 30 days I would mix it up with some others or you'll get board.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    No Pics. Buy it or not buy it: depends on how much you work out I suppose. I did it and it most certainly gets you in shape (MANY inches were lost), course I dont usually work out. Not many of my pounds were lost, but I dont measure my ingredients AND when I did it I had an unknown thyroid issue. In some of the threads on MFP, some of the ladies have stated it wasn't enough work out for them. I like that it's short but effective. I'm striving to start working out again soon. Please note I had to stretch more than she does. Start out slow if you haven't worked out much. After doing it for 30 days I would mix it up with some others or you'll get board.
    yep 30 day shread is not enough infact it was too easy for me so i started doing her other workout vid six week six pack abs combined with a couple others
  • sarahjanescobie
    sarahjanescobie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I did it prior to having my 3rd baby (He's 8 weeks) I lost 10lb doing it, didn't take measurements or before pics stupidly!!!

It's my June challenge as I don't take break.

I found it great, I have a few of her dvd's and I like how she pushes you
  • mlevans3
    mlevans3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you ladies ever considered doing Shaun T's T25? I noticed that some of you thought Shred was a little easy---T25 is definitely intense and will completely transform your body. It is also totally doable! Only 25 min a day 5 days a week! I thought I would give a suggestion :) Feel free to friend me!! If you want guidance on meal plans/nutrition advice feel free to friend me!! I can help!
  • Siriku
    Siriku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I finished it fairly recently

Link to my results is here (Pics/thoughts):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1268595-30-day-shred-sucess-sorta

I had limited results but if you have more to lose, I imagine you'll have more luck :)
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Just an idea - I would start with YouTube - Jillians 30DS as well as a multitude of her other workout videos have level 1 posted on there. It will give you a good idea as to whether it is something you want to continue with. That is where I started, now I have about 6 of her DVDs and I alternate them to give me a good 5-6 workouts a week. I don't have photos yet but I noticed muscles starting to take shape after the first couple of weeks and a couple of months in I have lost several inches and feel much stronger than I did when I started! Good luck!
  • hollywilli
    hollywilli Posts: 5
    Options
    I did 30 day shred and it was a pretty decent, quick workout. Your results will depend on your consistency and nutrition/diet. It's not enough to get super dramatic results in just 30 days of just doing the workout, but you will definitely feel it and feel different/better at the end of 30 days. After the first 30 days i switched to Ripped in 30, which I actually liked better than Shred, and also started alternating six week six pack and her butt and thigh video. I really liked all of the videos. I don't measure inches, but 90 days I was down from a size 8 pants to a size 4, so that was significant to me! Good luck!