Weight Gain After Gastric Bypass

Options
I am 8 yrs post Gastric Bypass ... I went from 385 to 200....I have slowly made my way back up to 285. I am devasted and so upset with myself. I just started MFP today and am looking for others that need to lose a considerable amount of weight after Bypass Surgery....

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I am 8 yrs post Gastric Bypass ... I went from 385 to 200....I have slowly made my way back up to 285. I am devasted and so upset with myself. I just started MFP today and am looking for others that need to lose a considerable amount of weight after Bypass Surgery....

I have not point of reference with your struggle, but welcome to mfp!!! This is a great community and I wish you all the best as you get it figured out.
  • narkorcheck
    narkorcheck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! In the same boat! Had my GB 11 years ago and went from 330 to 160. Back up to 215 now. In that time I had a baby and left my career to stay home. The loss of my own schedule has been devastating to my weight loss. I have never gotten back on track with exercise or my own schedule. Since I had my daughter at 43, I'm now approaching menopause and it seems even more of a struggle. However, I'm getting rid of the excuses and getting back on track. I'd love to join you so we can motivate each other.

I joined MFP a while ago but ended up using another site instead. Thought I'd give it a try and I started logging my food and exercise yesterday. I'm seeing that I'll have better luck if I plan my meals for the day ahead of time. That way I'm not wandering through the kitchen and guessing about how it'll affect my desired carb, protein, fiber, etc. totals.

Hope we can help each other out! Nina
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    hi there, welcome to MFP!

im nearly 4 months out after having gastric bypass surgery but ive been an MFP member for a long while

i find logging everything really helps me
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this isn't an uncommon story with weight loss surgery patients. We have them here at my Wellness Center. It's still going to come down to their relationship with food. Are you still consulting with a dietician?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    i so know what you mean...
    looked up revisional surgery, as am in the same boat as you... and it can be done, but when i had the surgery in 2008, they didnt mention the fact that the weight goes back up, and NOW they booked me in for psychotherapy, with the eating disorders team.... yup.. i have the worst relationship with food, and find it soo annoying, as i feel like i have sabotaged myself...
    happy to add you, if youd like??moral support an all that??
    :)
  • torenees
    torenees Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I too can relate. I am back up to 169 and i just started my 5 day pouch test today .Back in 09 I gained back up to 210 and I did the pouch test and it really helped me get back on track. I had forgotten about the test until I was on here reading last night. searching for answers. you may want to read about it at 5daypouchtest.com......good luck
  • bianka79
    bianka79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have put back on 30 lbs im 4 years post op. Im very devasted. I work so hard to keep it off but it keeps coming back on. Im looking forward to sharing stories and motivation to others.