How do YOU meal prep?

Options
I'm about to start meal prepping today and I'm just curious how others meal prep.

What type of meals would you make for that week? Give me an example week.

How many days worth of food do you make and how do you keep it fresh?

Do you store your breakfast as well or just lunch and dinner?

Tell me what you know about meal prepping or tips/tricks.

This week I was just going to prepare yogurt with fruit for breakfast or a bowl of cereal, sandwiches for lunch (different ones) and for dinner baked chicken with different seasonings, fresh green beans, throw in some sautéed onions, yellow peppers and what not.
I want to do different meals for every other day but I need some ideas.

Replies

• rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I keep processed food as a backup - always. It helps for the days when it doesn't go according to plan. Right now it's Gardein chicken sliders.

I try to have one main meal planned, breakfast rarely changes, and dinner is whatever I have left over.

This week:
    Breakfast is egg, cheese, veggie sausage, wheat english muffin
    Snacks: hummus & carrots, protein power & almond milk, apples, bananas, clif bars. I switch these up depending on exercise and calories left in the day. I always have a snack mid morning and a snack mid afternoon
    Lunch: mega salad (beans, feta, tomatoes, cucumber, homemade italian dressing, basically whatever you like)
    Dinners have been veggie burgers, tonight is avacado/beans on toast, it can be squash. literally whatever is in the house and I try and balance out macros. This is usually my lightest meal and I try to pre-populate it to make sure my calories fit.
    dessert: if i have the calories, Yasso greek yogurt bars, holy crap these are amazing.
  • MyBodyIsMyTemple14
    Options
    I keep processed food as a backup - always. It helps for the days when it doesn't go according to plan. Right now it's Gardein chicken sliders.

I try to have one main meal planned, breakfast rarely changes, and dinner is whatever I have left over.

This week:
    Breakfast is egg, cheese, veggie sausage, wheat english muffin
    Snacks: hummus & carrots, protein power & almond milk, apples, bananas, clif bars. I switch these up depending on exercise and calories left in the day. I always have a snack mid morning and a snack mid afternoon
    Lunch: mega salad (beans, feta, tomatoes, cucumber, homemade italian dressing, basically whatever you like)
    Dinners have been veggie burgers, tonight is avacado/beans on toast, it can be squash. literally whatever is in the house and I try and balance out macros. This is usually my lightest meal and I try to pre-populate it to make sure my calories fit.
    dessert: if i have the calories, Yasso greek yogurt bars, holy crap these are amazing.

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast burritos in the freezer - eat them for breakfast or lunch
    Keep a stash of smoothie kits in the freezer - greens/fruit - add flax, chia & water when I make them

I have a bunch of other meals in the freezer for dinner - I get most of my ideas from Pinterest and I'm a member at http://onceamonthmeals.com/ - you can still get recipes and such without being a member (they have a bunch of meal plans including diet, whole 30, paleo, etc)
  • kayleedylmom
    Options
    breakfast for me changes it could be cereal, grapefruit, boiled eggs but one thing that never changes is my green tea im addict,lol

lunch I food prep by preparing tuna on Sunday for the week or veggies, baked fish etc and put them in containers
    dinner I prepare every night because I must prepare different meals for the kids and the adults so either fish, chicken or turkey and veggies of some sort I have it planned out on the fridge and simply prepare it when i get home from work.
    however I keep fruit and other snacks on hand i.e. bananas nature valley, rice cakes in the cupboard and fridge
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I try to make some kind of stew-type dish to freeze most weeks. Usually, I make something like lentil and sweet potato stew, vegetarian beans and rice, seafood stew or something along those lines. I portion it out and freeze portions, so I have an easy lunch or dinner when I need it.

I also make a batch of protein bars and/ or protein muffins whenever I run out. These also get frozen in individual portions. The bars are good workout snacks, and I use the muffins for snacks or emergency breakfasts. For snacks, I *try* to keep chopped veggies in the fridge, so I usually chop up a bag of carrots, celery and whatever is on sale over the weekend to snack on. In the spring/summer when I can get fresh local fruit, I also cut up fruit to keep fruit salad in the fridge. Lately, I've been slacking, though.