Need Motivational People/Friends

Options
blukitten
blukitten Posts: 922 Member
Hello everyone,

I am not necessarily new to MFP, but am back now to actually do it. I am currently overwieght. Well,,, obese. There, I said it. I am obese, I really want to change my lifestyle but have been struggling with doing exactly that. I want to lose 150lbs, and am not necessarily looking to do it in a hurry. I have read every book and informational thing there is about healthy weight loss, losing 2lbs a week, not losing too fast, trying to be motivated by any effort, etc. I know how to eat healthy, how to excercise, I know all about carbs, proteins, fats but I dont put my knowledge to use in my life nor do I seem to have the ability to make healthy choices all of the time. I also have some mental block that I cant seem to get past. When I start eating healthy, its like -*boom*, Im all of the sudden starving even though I shouldnt be. I absolutely have hated excercise my entire life, but now I am realizing that I need it in my life and even have a freind that goes to the gym with my early in the morning.... sometimes.... schedules sometimes conflict with us getting there often. I enjoy going to the gym when I am meeting someone there and have even found that I like the way I feel afterwards, but to get their on my own feels like an impossible prospect. I really, really need motivational freinds and accountability partners and am more than willing to be the same for someone else.

Any suggestions for how to have more internal motivation would be great! I am struggling right now and would love to meet people and make freinds that share in my struggles.

:smile:

Replies

• koffeegirl79
    koffeegirl79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to MFP, and am also looking to lose weight slowly. I only have about 20lbs to lose, but I also have struggled with eating healthy, making time for exercise. I am looking to only lose about half a pound a week-I am short so I tend to lose weight slowly anyhow. This first month I am just looking to better my diet and next month I am planning to add exercise. I also have high blood pressure and high cholesterol so am looking to get those numbers lower as well. With the slow weight loss I am planning it will most likely take me about a year to lose the weight.
    Sending you a friend request. --You can do it and are already on the right path:)
  • felicia2005
    felicia2005 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm feeling somewhat similar. I know what I need to do but not applying. I lost my mom and I've been down hill from there with my eating and exercise. I had lost about 30lbs thanks to myfitnesspal. I have gained it back and some. I would love to help motivate you and hopefully you do the same for me.
  • carblover79
    carblover79 Posts: 29
    Options
    I have found that it is a stuggle some days, but after losing around 25 pounds on MFP already, I know it can be done. I have seen a lot of success stories in my time on MFP and hope to someday join the club.

My advice is to make changes gradually so that you know you can maintain them in the future and make sure you are dedicated to the process. If you go over on calories more days than not, you need a little more effort.

It is also really helpful to have people hold you accountable, which I need more of myself.
  • kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Understand completely..
    Been on and off of here for several years and have just reset everything to begin with a fresh start.

I think that being on here and reaching out is the first step.
    Seems easier to do little things and then let them build up to something big; after all we did not get into this situation in one weekend.
  • blukitten
    Options
    Awesome,, thank you!!
  • blukitten
    Options
    Hi,

I'm feeling somewhat similar. I know what I need to do but not applying. I lost my mom and I've been down hill from there with my eating and exercise. I had lost about 30lbs thanks to myfitnesspal. I have gained it back and some. I would love to help motivate you and hopefully you do the same for me.

I sorry to hear about your loss,,, but would love for us to be able to motivate eachother!!
  • blukitten
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses and all of the freind requests!! Feeling motivated already!!!!

:love: :wink: :drinker:
  • blukitten
    Options
    Understand completely..
    Been on and off of here for several years and have just reset everything to begin with a fresh start.

I think that being on here and reaching out is the first step.
    Seems easier to do little things and then let them build up to something big; after all we did not get into this situation in one weekend.

Completely true!! Definitely agree!!
  • courtcourtfnp
    courtcourtfnp Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am not new to MFP. About 2 years ago, I had gotten on here and started eating healthier and exercising and lost about 15 lb. Then I got a new job, had to move out of state to train for 2 months, came back & it all kinda spiraled downhill. I gained all that weight back, but I'm back at it now. It's a struggle to incorporate exercise into my life, but I am finding I feel when i do. I am definitely in your boat of needing people on here to motivate & encourage me. My plan now is to incorporate new exercises slowly. Like for the month of May, I have a goal to walk 30 minutes everyday. At the end of May, I may try to either add more time or a different activity. Anyway, I'm sending you a friend request :)
  • blukitten
    Options
    I am not new to MFP. About 2 years ago, I had gotten on here and started eating healthier and exercising and lost about 15 lb. Then I got a new job, had to move out of state to train for 2 months, came back & it all kinda spiraled downhill. I gained all that weight back, but I'm back at it now. It's a struggle to incorporate exercise into my life, but I am finding I feel when i do. I am definitely in your boat of needing people on here to motivate & encourage me. My plan now is to incorporate new exercises slowly. Like for the month of May, I have a goal to walk 30 minutes everyday. At the end of May, I may try to either add more time or a different activity. Anyway, I'm sending you a friend request :)

Yeah, i have been on here for a while also,, just now trying out the community aspect of it,, i think it will definitly help!!

yeah add me!
  • 2dogzrule
    2dogzrule Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I bounce around from year to year with an unhealthy relationship with food. I'm either really obsessive about logging or really obsessive about pigging out and slacking! I'm at my goal weight now after losing 22 of my pounds in the new year from January to the end of March. I committed 6 days a week to exercising and continue to try to do that. I don't go to the gym because I have an elliptical at home and I like to walk. I've also got small hand weights and a kettlebell.

You mentioned going to the gym being difficult. Have you thought about trying to do some videos at home? I stream through my tv or watch on my computer. I love, love, love Hasfit (http://hasfit.com/30-day-fitness-challenge-exercise-program-workout-plan-to-get-in-shape/)

The link is for a challenge, but if you go to workouts on the top tab, and choose home, they have all sorts of great things you can do right from your living room. I particularly like this because I prefer to exercise alone. It's also geared for all levels so you don't feel like your going to die after doing their workouts (for the most part anyway!)