My mum deliberately sabotaging my desire to lose weight

Options
I'm 18 btw. Everytime I try to look good and dress nice, my mum goes spastic about how I look and starts yelling at me. It really gets to me and I hate it so much. Plus she's so obessed with boobs being 'girl's beauty' and then criticised because I wanted to get rid of them (as in weight loss wise not reduction). Does anyone else get this? Or is it just me?

Plus when i expressed that I wanted to lose weight, she has been buying tons of junk food and cooking heaps.

Replies

• raf46
    raf46 Posts: 9
    Options
    Tell her to look in the mirror and manage her, not your, life.
    :glasses:
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You control what you put in your mouth. Mothers love has alot to do with food,be thankfull! Don't have to tell mom everything. Talk about other things when weight loss comes up.[ turn the subject around to about her[ ex.mom has was your day. She only wants the best for you! Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. Filter the info given, they know more then you,you will be surprised the advice given today is right a year from now.:wink: [experiance & lived it,use to be your age]:smile:
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Respect your parents even when you think there wrong! [raf46 comment]:wink:
  • Wowstar43
    Options
    Ummmm but most of the time they are lol, she has a habit of trying to be the only one who looks nice.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My mum can be a real pain sometimes. She got mad at me the other day because i wouldn't eat greasy take-away pizza with my brother. I also had to stop having lunch with her on weekdays becuase she kept on insisting on eating greasy pub food and told me it would be rude if i didn't eat anything. So i stopped going. She also gets mad at me if i cut the fat off my meat- she thinks its good for me! I can be hard, i just try to be really polite and really firm with her.
  • Wowstar43
    Options
    I'll try that then but doubt being nice at the same time won't work.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    It's a delicate balance. My mum has the memory of a goldfish, sometimes distracting her helps.
  • Wowstar43
    Options
    Lol I wish my mum could be easily distracted!
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    Mums are just mums and sometimes they simply just don't understand. None of my parents know that I'm trying to lose a few. Don't worry about it, she thinks its whats best for you. Just try and eat well and stay active but try to keep the topic out of your conversations.
    Good luck!