Good Vegetarian Snack Idea???...Need some help...

Options
Any one know of a healthy snack with no sugar or protein under 300 sodium...350 calories....??? I am under my calories today and it seems to be a running theme. Any ideas? Thank you!

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    air popped popcorn with nutritional yeast!
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Phew, tough one. I would recommend fruit in this situation, I guess - don't worry about the naturally-occurring sugars in fruit that MFP will tack on to your diary. A big banana is worth about 150 calories. Or just have some unsalted crackers (was going to suggest with cheese, but you want no protein).
  • Taytotot
    Taytotot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have already had a lot of protein today. People think it is so hard for vegetarians to get protein but I noticed when keeping track I am not having an issue...Sodium, however, is too much!
  • Dteg
    Dteg Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love warming up some applesauce with cinnamon. I makes me feel like i am cheating on my diet, but in truth it is good for you and low in calories
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Don't be afraid of going over on protein. I always do and I do it on purpose. I'm trying to gain muscle mass...I love my Vega shakes, lol.
  • Taytotot
    Taytotot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to have a slice of omega 3 seed bread with some organic, homemade almond butter I bought in this little vegan cafe in Sedona, AZ. Has a yummy cherry taste to it.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I think I am going to have a slice of omega 3 seed bread with some organic, homemade almond butter I bought in this little vegan cafe in Sedona, AZ. Has a yummy cherry taste to it.

That sounds tasty. *drools*
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you need calories but don't want protein or sugar, that basically leaves complex carbs or fatty foods. In terms of fat: nuts or avacados are great (add lemon juice to the avo). In terms of complex carbs, you'll struggle to avoid a little bit of protein, but 350 calories would be a big bowl of dahl, or a small bowl with some flaxseed oil.

The other way to get calories without getting protein or sugar would be alcohol (not mixers obviously), but I don't think that's really a snack.

[edit: you could of course have a big pile of vegetables. eg Stir fry 150g of chopped tomato, 1/4 red bell pepper, 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped brown onion, some brocolli... with sweet & sour sauce and a bit of soy if you can stand the salt and it all comes to about 250 calories, but I guess you're already full so maybe this isn't such a good idea]
  • aanner
    aanner Posts: 26
    Options
    yogurt is great!! I don't think it has much sugar at all. yoplait or danimals drinkables are great!!