Postnatal friends

Options
I had my first baby about a month ago and I'm looking for friends who are trying to lose baby weight or will be in the near future! I've got a good core of friends but also have had a lot who have become inactive.

My baby was born April 9. I gained 40lbs... 50 if you count the 10lbs of water weight I gained when I was overdue (which I don't, haha :laugh: ). To date, I've lost 31lbs (including that pesky water weight). I've been walking 3x/week and am looking forward to lifting weights and running again in a couple weeks. I'm running my first 5K of the year on June 28 and my only goal with that particular race is to complete it without walking.

Replies

• AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    HI! I just had my second baby March 19th. I wish I could be outside by the weather is still awful where I live! I lost over 20 pounds after having baby, but I got about 30 to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Then an additional 20 for what my main goal was.

Feel free to add me!
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Added you! :)
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    Bump.
  • truediamond11
    truediamond11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just posted a 'new moms' topic myself!! My baby is 9 months now and I have lost about 13 pounds of the 20 pounds I gained. But I was obese to begin with. I would love to be friends with you.
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    I just posted a 'new moms' topic myself!! My baby is 9 months now and I have lost about 13 pounds of the 20 pounds I gained. But I was obese to begin with. I would love to be friends with you.

Sending a friend request! I'll check out your thread too :)
  • cnhamilton12
    cnhamilton12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    6 months pp here! I've lost 17 of the 30ish I wanna lose. Anyone can add me!
  • gymnerd1010
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My wife is due in a few weeks and she's worried about what she'll have to lose.. How much did you gain during pregnancy, compared to how much was left to lose after?

She weighed 115-120 before, and yesterday she was 155. 5'1" tall.

Feel free to add me!
  • krystina_letitia9
    Options
    My wife is due in a few weeks and she's worried about what she'll have to lose.. How much did you gain during pregnancy, compared to how much was left to lose after?

She weighed 115-120 before, and yesterday she was 155. 5'1" tall.

Feel free to add me!

I gained 40 but the last week gained 10 just in water weight. I lost 30lbs (that includes the 10 of water weight) in the first 2 weeks. So, now I have about 20 to lose. It's now coming off slower but is coming off steadily.
  • 37lbs_to_go
    37lbs_to_go Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I added you. My youngest will be 2 June 1st, oldest is 3 :/ I returned to my pre baby weight (160's) pretty quickly but that's still 30lbs overweight. It's taken me this long to have enough energy left over to take care of myself. Which is exactly what I plan on using MFP to do.
  • CynthiaNegron
    Options
    My baby is 9 months old, and I had gained around 50lbs when all was said and done. Ugh. I can't do any of my old favorite activities with a baby in tow, and so I am back to square one finding activities I like. I will be moving soon though, and my new neighborhood has a community pool, workout area, and lots of outdoor trails, so I am excited for that. I haven't lost any weight yet. I just started trying this week!

I'd love to add some people to get motivated with who understand the trials of finding a good workout class that works with a baby's sleep schedule and those other fun mom-trials.