Taking forever to lose weight?

Options
Hi, its only been a bit more than a week since I started but I still haven't seen any improvements. I am eating around 1000 calories and exercising but I haven't lost any weight. I am in the normal weight range so could that be it? I'm looking to lose around 6-7 kilos (13 pounds) and getting toned. I also have a slow metabolism.

Replies

• NineInchGirl
    Options
    Ur not eating enough chicka! You should always be in the 1200-1400 range :)
  • chroi
    chroi Posts: 20
    Options
    Yeah missus, 1000 calories is far too little :( Bet you didn't think we'd be saying that to you! haha
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    My daily calorie goal is 1230 calories but I always end up eating around 1000 calories haha
  • Killedforlove
    Options
    Yes you need to eat at LEAST that goal.. usually 1200-1400.. Also you need to look at your self. Are you loosing acuatlly weight or is your stomach getting smaller? I know for a lot of people they numbers on the scale don't drop by the pants start to fit a lil looser :) so that may just be it. Also drink lots of water!
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    That's true! My scale says i gained weight but i dropped 2 pants size.. Go figure. if we would only listen to our scales i think we'd lose our minds. Tape measure is actually more accurate. You can try that =)

Are you also drinking all you water? Water flushes out all the toxins and the some of that fat (if you are on a low carb diet ;) )

Could be a million different things!! Could be the time of the month..or that week before it... Dont sweat it babe ;) Just measure yourself and go by it =) And use the scale as a reference!
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    Hmm maybe you're right :) And yeah I SHOULD drink lots of water but I rarely do so that should be another goal for me :)
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    Thanks girls! :D Appreciate the help.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Hmm maybe you're right :) And yeah I SHOULD drink lots of water but I rarely do so that should be another goal for me :)

Think of it as a party... Everytime you go pee you are flushing the fat! So celebrate in there (don't go too crazy or else people are gonna start to wonder what you are up too hahahaha) But yeah, in your mind you'll know why ;)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! <3
  • Procrastinator
    Options

Think of it as a party... Everytime you go pee you are flushing the fat! So celebrate in there (don't go too crazy or else people are gonna start to wonder what you are up too hahahaha) But yeah, in your mind you'll know why ;)

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! <3

Hahaha yep! A party! :L

Thanks for the support!
    WE can do this! ;)<3
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    LoL
    It doesn't take forever to lose that weight but it does take about 4-5 months eating a 400-500 Kcal deficit.

I have about the same amount left and my goal is to be there by June.

It is a slow and somewhat delicate process (that gets even more so the smaller you get!) that can easily be hindered if you eat too much or too little.
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    Haha I guess I knew that but I would've preferred a faster process :P especially because I just started
    Thank you!
  • NineInchGirl
    Options

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! <3

Hahaha yep! A party! :L

Thanks for the support!
    WE can do this! ;)<3

Absolutely!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    LoL
    It doesn't take forever to lose that weight but it does take about 4-5 months eating a 400-500 Kcal deficit.

It is a slow and somewhat delicate process (that gets even more so the smaller you get!) that can easily be hindered if you eat too much or too little.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^

I don't think it will take quite as long as 4-5 months but it will take at least a couple of months depending on how tight your diet and exercise routine is at this point.

If you are in the normal weight range then by attempting to lose more weight you are pushing your body to a place it really doesn't want to be naturally. Your body will strenuously attempt to hold on to what you have, particularly your fat reserves, as it perceives that is necessary for survival. Therefore, you literally have to force your body out of it's comfort zone. Losing that last 10lbs or so to get to a beach body look can be a real challenge.

If you want to get a "toned" look I would recommend adding some weight / resistance training to your exercise routine and definitely up your calories. Being toned is simply having a reasonable amount of lean tissue (muscle) shown off by a low level of body fat. If you don't do any resistance training then your body will jettison muscle first. Muscle is an expensive commodity for your body to hold on to when it is faced with a calorie deficit as it takes far more claories to maintain per pound as compared to fat. Therefore you need to give your body a reason to hold on to it in preference to fat.
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    LoL

What he said ^^^^^^^^^

I don't think it will take quite as long as 4-5 months but it will take at least a couple of months depending on how tight your diet and exercise routine is at this point.

If you are in the normal weight range then by attempting to lose more weight you are pushing your body to a place it really doesn't want to be naturally. Your body will strenuously attempt to hold on to what you have, particularly your fat reserves, as it perceives that is necessary for survival. Therefore, you literally have to force your body out of it's comfort zone. Losing that last 10lbs or so to get to a beach body look can be a real challenge.

If you want to get a "toned" look I would recommend adding some weight / resistance training to your exercise routine and definitely up your calories. Being toned is simply having a reasonable amount of lean tissue (muscle) shown off by a low level of body fat. If you don't do any resistance training then your body will jettison muscle first. Muscle is an expensive commodity for your body to hold on to when it is faced with a calorie deficit as it takes far more claories to maintain per pound as compared to fat. Therefore you need to give your body a reason to hold on to it in preference to fat.

Thank you! Very detailed and helpful answer :) I am new to this so I'd like to know as much as possible.