Single mom with son who has Cystic Fibrosis son

Options
corrine1973
corrine1973 Posts: 209 Member
Hey everyone. My name is Corrine. I am a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel and a single mom. I have 4 great kids but unfortunately there is a lot of medical problems in out little group. My eldest son has Cystic Fibrosis. He was diagnosed when he was 6 years old though he has had it his entire life. He has been pretty healthy though. He has not had any hospital stays though we have had a couple of close calls. Like most with Cystic Fibrosis he needs enzymes when he eats his food. He also needs to eat more calories then the normal 11 (almost 12) year old boy. It can sometimes be hard with other people because they don't understand why I am letting get a second helping of food when I am telling another one of my kids that they have had enough. He is below 25% for both his height and weight so we recently started adding drink supplements to his diet to help him gain some weight.

My daughter (8 almost 9) has asthma but has not had any episodes in a long time. My nest son (6 almost 7) has not been diagnosed yet but show symptoms of ADHD and honestly does not quite. We can be in the car heading home from something and absolutely exhausted and he will be talking away. My youngest son just turned 4. He was born almost 14 weeks early at just over 2 lbs and unfortunately has had delays ever since. He is also very small for his age. He is the size of a 2-3 year old.

So know that you know a little more about me lets get to the point of this post. Anyone else here have a child who has Cystic Fibrosis? I know there are other support groups out there on the web but who would be interested in a group on here?

Replies

• firfeous
    firfeous Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump

And best of luck to you and your family.
  • AIDENSMOM01
    Options
    i have a younger sister with CF. I know exactly what you mean.. I would love to join a support group!!
  • nurit1979
    nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bump! You might have better luck in the support and motivation section, but I hope you find people with similar backgrounds as you that you can connect with.