Pear-shaped ladies, report!

Options
emmanap91
emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
(beware, minor rant incoming...)

I don't think I can possibly be more pear-shaped.

B-W-H: 36-25-40

That's right, my waist is a size S/XS, but my hips are M/L. FML when I try to buy pants/shorts. Dresses with fitted waists/billowy skirts are my best friends.

I wish I could just embrace it, but I hate my enormous hips. My go-to pose in pictures is hands-on-hips because I try to use my hands to partially hide them (notice my profile picture). Part of my reason for trying to lose weight is to no longer be self-conscious about my hips.

Ladies, anybody out there with a similar problem? Feel free to join the rant.

Replies

• theoncomingstorm6464
    theoncomingstorm6464 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    From a guy's point of view, you have nothing to be self conscious of. You look great.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Pear here too but heavy lifting really helped balance out my look. And pear is one of the healthiest shapes!
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Pear here too but heavy lifting really helped balance out my look. And pear is one of the healthiest shapes!

If you are pear shaped then that needs to be the new normal.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, guys. And BarbellBlondi, you're right, it is a healthy body-type. I might look into lifting :)

meneer, it's both. no, really. I took a pic today to see how my bathing suit fits after so many months of cold weather. My hips are just ridiculous.

SDDDfd9.jpg
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    OP, I creeped your photos and you look great. I would kill for a booty and hips like that! Embrace it!
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input, guys. And BarbellBlondi, you're right, it is a healthy body-type. I might look into lifting :)

meneer, it's both. no, really. I took a pic today to see how my bathing suit fits after so many months of cold weather. My hips are just ridiculous.

SDDDfd9.jpg

It would be fair to say that you are super hot, Lifting will only put hard lines on your hotness... I currently have a female lifting partner who hit the weights for the same reason. The only thing that changed about her is her attitude towards her super awesome curves. AAAAnd now she can squat in the 200s
  • LiftHeavyWeights
    LiftHeavyWeights Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shaped. Lifting weights widened my shoulders so I look more balanced. I have lots of hip & butt too but my husband always liked that part so I embraced it.
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes, it could be worse!
    32-28-42 here

I think you look fabulous because you have the hourglass going on. Keep your chin up, you have LOTS to be happy about!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options

SDDDfd9.jpg

Feel free to continue making your case to us all. Perhaps a shot from the back to disprove the *kitten* theory. :D

Yup... Ill go with this... from that pic and my creep of your sweet profile pics... you look pretty perfect... but can only really be confirmed by a rear pic....

... and no... I'm not a perv (heheeee) just wanna give an honest opinion!

(can't blame me for trying!!)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm technically pear shaped, but I think lifting has given me a more hourglass look (I'm 35-26-38/39 for reference)

No where near as pear shaped as you OP, but frankly there is nothing wrong with your shape at all. I dare say many would envy what your working with.
  • BrokenButBeautiful
    Options
    Imma pear toooooooooo. I have to wear a belt ALWAYS, BECAUSE, if I can get my pants over my blasted hips they're four sizes too big in the waist. :ohwell:
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    34-29-39... which I am super happy about because last time I measured I was a 34-30-44. But I FEEL ya.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong here. Absolutely nothing.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Yep pear shaped here too. My butt to boob ratio is also depressingly out of whack :sad:
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Blah….34-30-39. I am pretty much straight and high waisted. Thankfully there are low rise jeans now. Before low rise, I used to think my boobs were gonna get tucked into the waist of my pants.
  • Everburg16
    Everburg16 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm a fat pear, so I definitely get it! My hips are wider than my shoulders and my pants size is bigger than my top size. But my Hubby likes it, so I can't complain. ;)
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Meh